Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

57er Lappland-schild.....

Article about: Ladies & Gents...another recent pickup, a "Lappland shield" although not officially a 1957 award, as there was no swastika on the envisaged wartime shield, similar to the Ostvo

Default 57er Lappland-schild.....

Ladies & Gents...another recent pickup, a "Lappland shield" although not officially a 1957 award, as there was no swastika on the envisaged wartime shield, similar to the Ostvolk awards, there's been lots of discussions about the Lappland sheild, wether it was awarded during the war, postwar, or on paper only...but they exist any way....again, about two thirds of size of athe proposed WW2 version, no backing plate/cloth as was the norm for 57er shields, nice detail, three pins on the rear...early or late ? mid production IMO and probably a St u L piece. I show it here together with a page, showing the shield available from a catalogue from the firm of "Friedrich Sedlatzek" who was trading in replacement/57er awards at the end of the 1950's.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Lappland-schild.....   57er Lappland-schild.....  

57er Lappland-schild.....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Lappland-schild.....
    P
    Many

Default Re: 57er Lappland-schild.....

Nice shield, I think I have seen one of these before. But I wonder why Lapland doesnt look like Lapland?

Quote by Poromies View Post
    But I wonder why Lapland doesnt look like Lapland?
    Why, what does your Lappland look like ? this is where the shield depicts.....and looks like it.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Lappland-schild.....   57er Lappland-schild.....  

Thanks for showing the 57 version...The original Lappland Schilder I've seen were all field-made, often in aluminum, and the award documents are also rudimentary and without Swastika as well...
    Just my 2 cents worth, Glenn

Quote by oradour View Post
    Why, what does your Lappland look like ? this is where the shield depicts.....and looks like it.
    Prost ! Steve.
    I was wondering that if the lines in the shield depict Lapland, they look pretty crude for an award.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Thanks for showing the 57 version...The original Lappland Schilder I've seen were all field-made, often in aluminum, and the award documents are also rudimentary and without Swastika as well...
    Just my 2 cents worth, Glenn
    Thanks for that info Glenn....good to see you here, I have seen an original...if Poromies thinks this one is crude, he will be appalled by an original ! (all locally hand made affairs by accounts !) here is one sold a couple of years back by Detlev Niemann.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Lappland-schild.....