Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

57er LW frontflugspange....

Article about: Ladies & Gents, a new addition, to keep my LW "Transport" clasp company, a nice mid production solid hinged "LW Frontflugspangen" for Aufklarer (Reccon) bronze grade,

Default 57er LW frontflugspange....

Ladies & Gents, a new addition, to keep my LW "Transport" clasp company, a nice mid production solid hinged "LW Frontflugspangen" for Aufklarer (Reccon) bronze grade, made by St u L, notice the "o" mark on the rear.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er LW frontflugspange....   57er LW frontflugspange....  

57er LW frontflugspange....   57er LW frontflugspange....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er LW frontflugspange....
    P
    Many

Default Re: 57er LW frontflugspange....

Some more shots of the catch, which appears to be a late wide variety, so has this piece been repaired or is it transitional ? and of the hinge.....your comments please !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er LW frontflugspange....   57er LW frontflugspange....  

57er LW frontflugspange....   57er LW frontflugspange....  

57er LW frontflugspange....  

It looks repaired to me. Nevertheless a nice spange, Steve!

Ingrid...indeed a nice spange, however you are on the right track with your repair observation .....it is in fact a "doctored" piece ! it is a late/modern production piece that has had surgery, i.e. the open hinge block has been soldered into a closed hinge block...a neat but deceptive alteration.....and a little artificial ageing. Notice the lack of ends for the hinge cross bolt, they are not visible...this is how to tell, not easy to see on a small photograph, but detectable in hand, also the pin is of a flattened appearance, and not round, another indication of a modern piece and of course there's the broad catch to consider.... deception that makes it far more desirable than an open hinge piece ! this appears to be the latest trend in the fakers arsenal, they are coming out of Germany together with cast Honour roll awards, they are easy to spot, being solid to the rear and only having 2 prongs, instead of the originals 4 prongs! So be careful out there ! I was caught out ! It will be going back !
    Prost ! Steve.

Very crafty!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Gents...for reference re these Reccon spanges, the St u L "o" mark can be found on the reverse either top or bottom of the central disc...see here
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images 57er LW frontflugspange....