Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

57er Miniature Collection

Article about: I figured I'd post my 57er minis for view/reference. One of the great things about collecting 57er minis is the sheer volume of them out there. Especially since, unlike regulations under the

Quote by Brig View Post
    I did not...I was debating it but he mentioned the RK was EKI size...not unheard of but enough to make me think long enough someone else got it. I will post my chains in this thread tonight
    Isn't it a tad bigger? Looked correct to me, evident by the different style of oakleaves in the center.

Regards,
    Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Miniature Collection
    P
    Many

?

I thought so but he wasn't so sure. Was also looking at a mini medal bar at the time on eBay that probably added to the hesitation. Didn't win that one either

?

My ribbon-related minis. I haven't gotten too involved with ribbons yet, probably because they're the most reproduced of 57er minis

Some ribbons I have no idea what to make of...kind of odd. Devices are good, however
    LW device...
    3 devices...Austrian made. Much tougher to find, but the Austrians left the eagles on a lot of their minis and only removed the swastika

?

Next...minis involving 16mm pendant/charms...

Mounted Mini Medals...
    Loose mini medals, including an RK with oaks. These can be really tough to find loose and almost always show signs of falling off a stack. It's my theory that these were never manufactured individually like mini medals today, but rather when the vet ordered his rack the maker pulled ribbon from spools and choose the charms, as the charms are the exact same used in mini chains
    Next, some mini chains. I'm a big fan of these...however you have to be careful, as these are very easy to put-together from original parts. This is why the prices don't go crazy on chains...it's hard to be certain. The proper order for these is reverse, as they were worn along the left lapel of the civilian suit jacket. The DAK chain goes with the DAK stickpin posted earlier, and interestingly still has the swastika on it
    Some loose charms as used in chains and mini medals...
    And finally...some neat 16mm lapel pins. While I'm sure the remaining grades of these exist, I have not seen any war badges like this and am not sure they exist, but would love to be proven wrong

That's all of them for now...I will keep this topic updated if and when I stumble on other minis, I'm always on the look-out

?

Forgot to post this one somehow...it was my first 3-row to a Demjansk vet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Miniature Collection  

?

9 award, 10 piece stickpin to a veteran of the 93rd Infanterie Regiment... this one was modified by the vet or a friend/relative at some point to add the 93rd IR crest. The clasp is on the bottom and upside down, but if you see my 10-piece posted earlier, occasionally these were mounted other places than just atop. Additionally, the two strips on the rear to hold everything down were painted black in the front before reattachment...I'm guessing to blend in with the lapel of the suit.

Solder on the rear is sloppy and gives credence to the home-modification theory...it is old solder, with the exception of one blob on the back of the unit crest...perhaps another repair? All the minis are original and appear to be Deumer. I'm quite happy with it and satisfied that it is only a "put together" in that the vet modified it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Miniature Collection   57er Miniature Collection  

?

New 6 place St&L Luftwaffe RK pin. Well worn, most of the finish is gone and the vet mounted it with a pinback...I've seen this a few times and been wanting to pick up such a conversion

Hi Brig.

I thought maybe this pin might interest you. By the way, I think it's inside out in the photo
    Best regards.

Santi.

Ordenspange 1./2. WK (Metall 35 x 25mm) | eBay

The matching ribbon bar and miniature medal bar are on offer as well.

?

Very interesting...it looks like the owner tried to touch up the KVK and IAB with some poor silver paint on both the stickpin and ribbon bar. Indeed...the mini medals and pin do interest me...I wonder how much they are going to cost me

It seems one pendant fell off the mini medal bar and is listed separately

Anyone know what the last two medals are?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast