Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

57er Ost medal mount ?

Article about: Gentlemen, here's a little something that has come my way for £20...an Ost medal parade mount (no medal) and the bonus was it came with a single Ost ribbon bar, they were sold as reproductio

Default 57er Ost medal mount ?

Gentlemen, here's a little something that has come my way for £20...an Ost medal parade mount (no medal) and the bonus was it came with a single Ost ribbon bar, they were sold as reproduction.....but parade mount appears to be of possible 1957 period manufacture...I show the only two other medal bars I own for comparison....if repro, a decent way to display my loose Deumer Ost !
    comments and thoughts please.........................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Ost medal mount ?   57er Ost medal mount ?  

57er Ost medal mount ?   57er Ost medal mount ?  

57er Ost medal mount ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Ost medal mount ?
    P
    Many

?

Hello Steve, how do you know its not 1939 ? Doesn't look reproduction ribbon?

Thanks Rory

looks great.

Quote by rory View Post
    Hello Steve, how do you know its not 1939 ? Doesn't look reproduction ribbon? Thanks Rory
    A good question Rory ! I do not know, my knowledge of TR period medals is rudimentory
    Did TR bars have red backing....I thought that a 57er thing.....TR being dark green to field grey.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Did TR bars have red backing....I thought that a 57er thing.....TR being dark green to field grey.
    Actually, red backing material can be found on Third Reich-era medal- and ribbon bars, too. See here for three random examples on my 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...01/#post307695
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...11/#post752502
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...14/#post998020

?

Good point Steve heres my tr example with red backing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Ost medal mount ?   57er Ost medal mount ?  

Thanks to both of you for showing spledid examples of red cloth backed TR examples, very interesting, all wit simalar pin /hinge assemblies..interesting to see the blue backing, I have a combined WW2 era and 57e medal bar on its way ...........so my Ost mount could well be wartime.
    Heres the blue backed bar.............The EK II is a TR made Deumer, the Schaumburg-Lippe Kreuz für treue Dienste I believe to be a post war of the 1957 period St u L made piece.
    Prost ! Steve.

IMO a nice original mount, either wartime or early post war. She looks much better, now that she's all dressed up.

Regards