Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

A 57er Schickle/Deumer RK & Oaks..............................

Article about: Here we are, my last purchased Ritterkreuz for some time to come, my eleventh ! but this is the one to have ! I posted a teaser yesterday...... http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bundes...review-

Default A 57er Schickle/Deumer RK & Oaks..............................

Here we are, my last purchased Ritterkreuz for some time to come, my eleventh ! but this is the one to have ! I posted a teaser yesterday...... Sneak preview.....................
    A 1957 Ritterkreuz known as a "Schickle" as the frames and cores have been identified as either wartime stock or from the original dies of the wartime Otto Schickle Knights Cross.....it is now believed by many in the 1957 collector community that Deumer produced these awards for a short time the late 1950's. The set of Oaks are also believed by Deumer, I have shown/discussed them on this thread 57er Deumer Oaks..........
    Having examined this cross over the past 48 hours (on & off !) using the knowledge in Dietrich Maerz's book and that of an advanced collector friend (Thanks Geoff !) I can concur that this cross shows all the wartime traits (minus the swastika !) of a wartime Otto Schickle Cross with first pattern core, produced up to mid 1941 when it is believed the company went out of buisiness and its remaining stock and dies were bought up.....it is now believed by the Deumer Company.
    The core shows a distinctive number "3" font in its "1939" with the angle of the top side stroke striking through the top of the number "9"............and is has the "dimple" mark on the first rib of the upward frame on the 12 o'clock arm, which every Schickle RK must have....All in all the ultimate 57er ! Enjoy.....................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A 57er Schickle/Deumer RK & Oaks..............................   A 57er Schickle/Deumer RK & Oaks..............................  

A 57er Schickle/Deumer RK & Oaks..............................   A 57er Schickle/Deumer RK & Oaks..............................  

A 57er Schickle/Deumer RK & Oaks..............................   A 57er Schickle/Deumer RK & Oaks..............................  

A 57er Schickle/Deumer RK & Oaks..............................  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A 57er Schickle/Deumer RK & Oaks..............................
    P
    Many

Very nice indeed!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very nice indeed!
    I'll second that!......

?

I third that .. very nice & striking..good choice Steve..you have done very well there..The photos are top dollar too.. Cheers Terry.

The holy grail amongst 57ers! Now send it over to me, my S&L B-frame is feeling lonely...

That is one fine looking "wideframe RK" Steve, well done mate!!!

Regards

Thanks Gents ! Nick, I had forgot to mention the wide frame, thanks for reminding me ! yes the Schickle, I mean the Deumer RK is slightly bigger than its St u L counterpart by around 1-2 mm all round..............
    Prost ! Steve.