Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............

Article about: Gents, a 1957 Womans "Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre" Bronze............a heavy nicely finished St u L early strike...............my first ladies RAD award,

Default 57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............

Gents, a 1957 Womans "Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre" Bronze............a heavy nicely finished St u L early strike...............my first ladies RAD award, but not my last !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............   57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............  

57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............   57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............
    P
    Many

?

Very nice Steve..Just a question how can we tell this is a woman's award??. Cheers Terry.

Terry, the design of the medals for men of woman of the RAD differed, no spade motif on the female medal (in an attempt to feminise the award ?) just the two ears of wheat, see here................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............  

?

Excellent I didn't know that at all. & some good looking medals in the bargain as well. Thanks Steve very interesting.. Cheers Terry.

After doing some comparisons with the mens version, i have come to the conclusion the womens medal is later production, 1968 on is my guess, notice in the attached images, thickness reduced from 5mm to 3mm and slight loss of detail, due to frequent die stampings over time............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............   57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............  

57er Womans Bronze class RAD medal..............