Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bayonets for H&K G3 Assault rifle.

Article about: Gents...you may or may not know that the BW NEVER issued a bayonet, either for the first Allied rifles issued in the 1955-59 period (Garrand, M1 Carbines,K98k or Lee-Enfields), or for that m

Default Bayonets for H&K G3 Assault rifle.

Gents...you may or may not know that the BW NEVER issued a bayonet, either for the first Allied rifles issued in the 1955-59 period (Garrand, M1 Carbines,K98k or Lee-Enfields), or for that matter, either the FN FAL G1 or the H&K G3...it is believed they obtained the G3 bayonets but never issued them...only with the adoption of the G36 Assault rifle and the unification of the two Germanies were bayonets issued, around 1992-93 these being adapted AK47 former DDR (East German) type's. However as plenty of armies around the world used the G3 or a licensed copy of the rifle, plenty of bayonets exist ! here is a link to a great informative paper ,which should make collecting these bayonets a little easier. It is a pdf file entitled "Bayonets for the Heckler & Koch assault rifle".......enjoy.
    http://www.jeffreyhayes.com/books/ebook/G3.pdf
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonets for H&K G3 Assault rifle.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bayonets for H&K G3 Assault rifle.

Never knew that....A good bit of triva to bear in mind.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Steve that was useful
    Do you know any good sources for them, I cant seem to locate any for a decent price. Epay surprisingly has more WWII German Bayonets than G3...

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Do you know any good sources for them, I cant seem to locate any for a decent price. Epay surprisingly has more WWII German Bayonets than G3...
    AmericanKraut...as the BW never issued them, I have never tried to source an example for my collection, so I afraid the answer is no I do not know a source for them...I am sure that some of the bayonet collectors will chip in and reveal a dealer who sells one of the many derivatives of the G3 bayonets......
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks for the help

Quote by oradour View Post
    ...as the BW never issued them, I have never tried to source an example for my collection, ...
    Collectors are still arguing, the BW used the G3 bayonet "officially" actually.

"Dienstlich befohlen", oder, (inoffiziell / "private purchased"), "im Dienst geduldet", who knows ? ...
    Bayonets for H&K G3 Assault rifle.Bayonets for H&K G3 Assault rifle.Bayonets for H&K G3 Assault rifle.

?

Thanks Reibert for bumping this back up.
    I missed it years ago.
    I have a G-3 clone and the bayonet to mount on it.

I'll have to print out that pdf.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi, Phil, there´re severeal G3/HK33 bayonet "clones".
    Please, show us your´s, ok ?

Thx. in advance,
    R.

?

Will do Riebert,
    I'll have to see where I put it.
    I didn't know about clone bayo's.
    I saw one that I liked. It is the bowie tip one and I think that's a Pakistani version.

Yeah let me look for mine and I'll post it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast