Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

Default Re: BGS Thread

!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-31-2019 at 08:41 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

Ahh just discovered a 61 dated mess tin strap in the junk pile

The infamous "junk pile" strikes again!

Nice junk.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The infamous "junk pile" strikes again!

Nice junk.

Cheers, Ade.

HEHEHE Cheers Ade

great jacket and zelt rené i see your sleeve has had the exact repair as mine ,the difference in velcro is apparent and the lack of external pop studs too ,thanks for sharing ,as im here id really like to ask the members there thoughts on these sumpftarn caps easily picked up and noted as modern reproductions ,id really like clarity on this as ive seen one like mine but has a west german label does this confirm there use as genuine items ,here's my example that has no label but just a size ink stamp also the jacket pocket to compare example's ,BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Threadand here's the one ive spotted for saleBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Threadthanks james

James the cap is a fake !..................see post # 15 of this thread.
    Prost ! Steve..

thanks steve ,i will have a look back at the earlier posts ,this west german label just got me wondering that was all ,do you think it has been added to deceive ,thanks for your help ,james
    Last edited by James C; 03-16-2016 at 07:52 PM.

CBH
    ?

The insignia for the arm should display this eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS Thread  

I have what I believe to be a rare M42 BGS helmet. When I came across it, it appeared to simply be an M42 WW2 reproduction helmet, but upon further inspection I discovered what appears to be an authentic chin strap and headliner. After a little bit of discussion in this thread it was determined that this helmet might be a rare example of an early BGS helmet, made from perhaps a reconstituted or surplus M42 lid from WW2.

Judging from these attached photos can anyone else confirm these suspicions? If this helmet is indeed what I believe it to be; I'd like to restore it to the original BGS color and remove the fake TR era decals. Is there a place where I can buy paint that's close to being era authentic? I also have questions about removing the paint that's on the shell currently; would paint stripper be fine so long as the liner and chin strap are removed? I also would like to know how to remove the liner and chin strap without damaging anything.

Sorry for so many questions, thank you in advance.

BGS Thread

Bad decal.

BGS Thread

Bad decal.

BGS Thread

Faint numbering stamped to the inside of the shell.

BGS Thread

BGS Thread

What does the F.K. stand for? The numbers are the size as I understand.

BGS Thread

BGS Thread

Name of BGS soldier?

---------

Let me know if additional photos would be helpful or desired.

hello DHE ,now theres an unusual thing an border guards m42 ,something ive never even heard of before today ,it seems to have had the original frontal liner rivits blanked off ,it certainly has the m53 bundesgrenzschutz liner ,can i ask how it terminates to the shell ,and is there any original grey bgs paint visible at all thanks for showing here ,regards james

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast