Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

Gents..........It was quite usual for ex Wehrmacht M40/M43 helmets to be either issued as was, or reworked, in the early days of the BGS................
    I would strip the helmet with a good propriety paint stripper, the liner can be easily removed.......it should be re sprayed in the correct shade of green for the BGS, is Moosgrun (Moss Green).
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 11-19-2013 at 07:45 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

Quote by James C View Post
    hello DHE ,now theres an unusual thing an border guards m42 ,something ive never even heard of before today ,it seems to have had the original frontal liner rivits blanked off ,it certainly has the m53 bundesgrenzschutz liner ,can i ask how it terminates to the shell ,and is there any original grey bgs paint visible at all thanks for showing here ,regards james
    I'll take a better look at the inside of the helmet and snap a few pictures soon. What do you mean when you ask how it "terminates" to the shell?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents..........It was quite usual for ex Wehrmacht M40/M43 helmets to be either issued as was, or reworked, in the early days of the BGS................
    I would strip the helmet with a good propriety paint stripper, the liner can be easily removed.......it should be re sprayed in the correct shade of green for the BGS is Moosgrun (Moss Green).
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks for the advice and information, where might one procure "Moss Green" paint?
    Last edited by oradour; 11-19-2013 at 07:46 AM.

It is actually "Moosgrun" (Moss green) RAL number "RAL 6005" any good paint shop should be able to mix using that code................
    Prost ! Steve.

Excellent, when I get paid this weekend I will be picking up some of this paint and returning the helmet to a more authentic look. Considering the shell, chin strap and head band is authentic I can live with a refurbished paint job.

just picked up this water canteen and cup for my bgs display ,its a well made item ,the screw top seems excessively large ,but there is a smaller cap on top ,the jacket is insulated ,enjoy jamesBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread

Looking good mate!...

thanks paul ,these flasks dont come along that often so when they do ,youve just got to grab them, my bgs display is a very slow work in progress james

I made a separate thread for this parka but I guess I'll post it here too!
    BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread

very nice winter parka ,thanks for adding to this thread ,i see the sleeve pocket was demilitarised and since repaired as was the norm with bgs jackets ,thanks james

Yep, very nice to see one complete, cheers for showing

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast