Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

for your interest and going back to steve's comment about war time makers continuing post war ,ive just noticed the pebbled buttons are maker marked assmannBGS Thread

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

?

Nice James let us know how it works out for you the shoulder boards would make a great addition to your Sumpftarn field jacket.

Regards Mark

thanks mark ,i will do mate ,well ive put them in place just to see the result ,i reckon with a bit of handy stitching work to the boards i can have these fitted ,hopefully as intended ,thanks jamesBGS Thread

Does anyone know what kind of paint the BGS used on helmets? I have seen smooth grey ones, smooth green, and a sanded rough green. Were all of them used?

i decided to stitch a spare cockade to my sumpftarn fieldmutze replica today as the originals are so hard to find and as these are made from original issue surplus material they are the next best thing ,these are made of the same material found on the waterproof shoulder sections of the bundesgrenzschutz jackets but not cotton lined like the original fieldmutze ,im quite pleased with my sewing skills ,please forgive my pictures ,my camera is kaput so im using the wife's mobile phoneBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread
    Regards James

well today ive been doing some long overdue work on the bgs jacket due to the demilitarisation process the rear D rings and short section of material they hang from were missing ,as was the hood and the internal metal belt supports ,to do this ive raided my german parts bin and as i didnt want repos ive used original wermacht belt hooks also the hood buttons are again from a wermacht tunic ,ive also finally managed to fix the shoulder boards into position and used a pair of pebbled bgs buttons from a spare tatty tunic ,the D rings are east german but ideal to finish ,im really pleased with the results and the display in general ,ive just have to do some repair work to the sumpftarn trousers before i can show them properly and also i still need to find a federal eagle and bundesgrenzschutz arch patch to finish the jacket sleeve BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread
    Regards James

Great jacket mate and i love that camo!.....

James, indeed great sewing ! Those BGS cammo jackets/trousers are just great looking !
    The replica hat looking good !
    Prost ! Steve.

many thanks steve the display is slowly gaining pace ive yet to find the entrenching shovel and holder and mess tin oh and the gasmask and tin but as these things take time as and when they become available ,the trousers are in need of some tlc so am reluctant to post in there current condition ,allthough not bgs but in the sumpftarn camo so perfect they have pp berlin stamping and dated 1977 so these i believe are police issue if im correct and as the m43 style cap is police it fits in well with the whole set up ,thanks for the compliment on the replica cap the roundall finishes it off a bit better ,im still using the heer ww2 period belt and buckle ,it gives me an excuse to display it and is a great gap filler ,ive also added a pair of earlier binos for his border patrols and a period tornister id like to believe these items were issued and used post war , thanks again james BGS Thread
    Regards James

?

Hi James,excellent repairs carried out mate. I really like the BGS parka's and the camo is one of my favourites from that period. Great display's as ever your attention to detail is always outstanding

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast