Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice clean example Gary one of my absolute favorite camo patterns.

Regards Mark
    Thank you Mark, and I agree the pattern has so much history,it really is quite fascinating

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

?

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice gary ,the colours are crisp and clear ,sorry but did you say the D rings were missing ? was the small D ring retaining material missing too or did you just reclose the material around the new D rings and you have done a good job of adding the bund buttons too mate
    Many thanks James, the colours are very good with some fading but not excessive. The D rings were missing along with the small tabs of material to hold them on, I simply cut some material off the lengths where the belt hooks attach, and used these with some spare D-rings to replace the the lot. The buttons on the chest and cuffs I replaced. The buttons I could have sworn were Bundy initially,but I double checked and it turns out they are French, pretty much the same colour and size I assume,I will be sourcing some other 20 mm buttons this week to replace the other missing buttons 14 in total!.

Thanks again mate

Quote by Opex View Post
    Many thanks James, the colours are very good with some fading but not excessive. The D rings were missing along with the small tabs of material to hold them on, I simply cut some material off the lengths where the belt hooks attach, and used these with some spare D-rings to replace the the lot. The buttons on the chest and cuffs I replaced. The buttons I could have sworn were Bundy initially,but I double checked and it turns out they are French, pretty much the same colour and size I assume,I will be sourcing some other 20 mm buttons this week to replace the other missing buttons 14 in total!.

Thanks again mate
    Lovely jacket, ya have to find these flatter type of buttons. here's also my maker tag from my similar jacket
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-26-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: added text and picture

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Lovely jacket, ya have to find these flatter type of buttons

Thanks for the compliment and for the fantastic reference information René, the buttons look very similar to the British versions which I have load's of,nice one Mate much appreciated

Quote by Opex View Post
    Thanks for the compliment and for the fantastic reference information René, the buttons look very similar to the British versions which I have load's of,nice one Mate much appreciated
    No worries, and now that you mention the UK buttons - they are similar but a deeper green in colour

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    No worries, and now that you mention the UK buttons - they are similar but a deeper green in colour
    I think I know what you mean there René, the Brit versions are Bottle Green, I will have a dig about in my spares box this afternoon

?

Hi Guy's,here's a pair of Trousers from my collection which as a result of reading Steve's most informative information on Bepo used trousers, I believe that is what these are.It is nice to have a pair of these with the name tag still attached and I assume the Bhz 3 60 relates to the date i.e. 1960 ?. Sadly there is a lot of wear and tear which I have had to repair,but hopefully my photo's demonstrate another pair of Sumpftarn pattern trousers.

BGS Thread
    BGS Thread
    BGS Thread
    BGS Thread
    BGS Thread
    BGS Thread
    BGS Thread
    BGS Thread

?

Hi Guy's , I was hoping to sew this BGS patch onto my Jacket, but as can be seen it is too large for the flap. I assume this patch is more suitable to fit onto a BGS Dress uniform Jacket instead??

BGS Thread
    BGS Thread

fantastic set gary and quite hard to source so well done ,your repairs are even better than my repairs of which i had to add D rings too but i had to ask what you did just to get into my thick head ,nice to see the storm flaps are present on the trouser pockets ,i too could do with a set of bundesgrenzschutz arch and federal eagle patches for my jacket ,thanks for sharing
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    fantastic set gary and quite hard to source so well done ,your repairs are even better than my repairs of which i had to add D rings too but i had to ask what you did just to get into my thick head ,nice to see the storm flaps are present on the trouser pockets ,i too could do with a set of bundesgrenzschutz arch and federal eagle patches for my jacket ,thanks for sharing
    Many thanks James, sadly both the Jacket and trousers needed repairs, especially the trousers. On the inside of the trouser side pockets they are doubled lined so I cut out some material to patch up the holes in the crotch area. There were loads of spare buttons in the trousers too so I removed these and sewed them onto the jacket, so it was a worthwhile project. I saw a seller in the US selling the arch and federal eagle patches on ebay,and fairly reasonably priced too. Next on my wish list is an original hat,but as before these are expensive and rare,but I am confident one will come along one day.

I quite enjoy repairing uniforms and I am sure it won't be the last time I have to get out the needle and thread

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast