Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

?

Quote by James C View Post
    just perfect gary ,crikey did i supply all those buttons ,well i managed to find the federal eagle and bundesgrenzschutz arc patches from a kind fellow in germany ,ive offered them up to the jacket sleeve flap and it seems a tad to big ,now i can either turn the arc inwards to squeeze it on or fit them to my border guard tunic which needs them as wellAttachment 736604Attachment 736603

Hi James, hehe thanks mate I bought a couple of 17mm pebbled buttons from ebay to finish it off, I really like the Arch and shield patches great job getting hold of them, annoying my arch is too big too like yours, which again makes me wonder if this size is designed to fit the tunic rather than the Sumpftarn type??

I think the pairing look good on the tunic mate, perhaps that is the way forward

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

arh that explains it gary ,i though i was losing my mind again and thanks for the advice on the patches i will reattach to the green tunic as the original cut stitching matched perfect on the outline and will at least complete one item ,the quest goes on to find the smaller set for the sumpftarn jacket ,perhaps rene' will score a load and see us right
    Regards James

?

arh that explains it gary ,i though i was losing my mind again and thanks for the advice on the patches i will reattach to the green tunic as the original cut stitching matched perfect on the outline and will at least complete one item ,the quest goes on to find the smaller set for the sumpftarn jacket ,perhaps rene' will score a load and see us right

No worries Mate it's ok your not losing it , I was impressed with the seller as they were super cheap and super quick delivery, which meant I could finish this little project this weekend, ( I have spare 17mm pebbled buttons now if you need some) and yes I think the pairing will look good on the tunic, which of course as you stated will mean still trying to source a set for the Sumpftarn ...hehe, perhaps Rene will that would be very good indeed.

i hope so ,he owes me a favor
    Regards James

Hey James I found one for ya old type, I tried to pm you but your mail box is full get back to me ASAP I've whacked it in my list for you, you get first dibs on it as it's the last one!

sorry Rene' i have a habit of not deleting old messages but have just made space ,that arch patch looks great is it at auction ,cheers james
    Regards James

sorry Rene' i have a habit of not deleting old messages but have just made space ,that arch patch looks great is it at auction ,cheers james
    PM sent Mate

?

Hi All, I have managed to pick up a hood for my jacket, by the look's of it I assume is it either a BEPO item or an early BGS item, I base this on the difference in the camo print??

What do you think, I would value your opinions?

Regards
    BGS Thread
    BGS Thread
    BGS Thread
    BGS Thread

?

Hi Gary I am away from my laptop and using my phone so no referance material in front of me but IMO not a repo hood from the diffused rain pattern and the overlapping russet on olive green I would say the hood is from a tunic that was produced from approx 1960 to the mid 1960's as this looks like the second pattern of BGS Sumpfmuster to me .

Regards Mark

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hi Gary I am away from my laptop and using my phone so no referance material in front of me but IMO not a repo hood from the diffused rain pattern and the overlapping russet on olive green I would say the hood is from a tunic that was produced from approx 1960 to the mid 1960's as this looks like the second pattern of BGS Sumpfmuster to me .

Regards Mark

Thanks for looking and your opinion Mark, I also assume it is an early one. I was reading up on the difference in camo patterns and 60's sounds about right to me, but of course it is always important to get a second opinion so thank you again,much appreciated mate

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast