Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

Hi all
    hope you don't mind me posting this here as well as separately!!! forgot about this thread!! opps!!!
    Just received my newest acquisition... its a BGS M53 (M35 style) bought it off eBay but the photos only showed the outside..so I was made up when it arrived with nice soldier named markings, Ralf Becker, R.B. !!! I've added a genuine BGS opfor reversible (yellow, red) band, an unissued BGS thick "cargo" Tarn net and a BGS sumpftarn parka hood as a camo cover. I have some BGS ammo pouches, belt and a "Y" strap somewhere and will post em up when I find them!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

Austromunga, great original addition to your BGS collection, just the thing those BGS troopers did with their hoods
    Looks great !
    Please post your other BGS items............
    Prost ! Steve.

very nice aquistion austro and thanks for showing here

austro i forgot to say the german maker for your bgs helmet is Linnemann & Schnetzer

Thanks guys...and thanks for the info on the maker too James!!
    here's a few pics of the belt, ammo pouches and "Y" strap ... pouches maker marked Max Stelzer dated 66' Berlin, BGS, unusually belt and "Y" strap have no marks!!???
    and just for a bit of fun!!!! ... my BGS helm modelled by Trooper "REX" !!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread  

superb grouping paul and the lighthearted rex made me smile ,for your interest and allthough not west german issue or for that matter relevant to this bgs thread ,here is my dutch m53 made by Linnemann & SchnetzerBGS Thread

Hi all
    Just a few pics of my BGS collection...... so far.....on my torso mannequin!!!! work in progress!!!.....
    Still need... a BGS water bottle, and some buttons and shoulder boards to finish the jacket!!!
    The jacket is in unissued condition with no de-mil cutting.... apart from the (replaced) missing arm flap
    The bread bag and canteen set are all mint unissued and marked bund 88'
    The binoculars are period Carl Zeiss 8 x 30 ....also not BGS marked!!

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

Great Gear cheers

looks like the canteen & mess kit have been repainted flat black? I see a little green paint around the edge of the lid.

The canteen and water canteen are as I got them ... Sold as mint unissued from New unissued old stock in a Matt dark grey...THW perhaps!!??? the leather strap was stored in the cup lid and had never even been opened!!! The new leather smell released as I opened the lid was amazing!!!

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast