Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

BGS collar patches; from top to bottom: enlisted (machine-woven), enlisted (machine-embroidered), officers (hand-embroidered), general officers (hand-embroidered):

BGS Thread

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

By chance does anyone have a Sumpftarn field jacket (Bundesgrenzchutz Einsatzjacke) for sale? I have seen a couple on eBay but they have the sleeve pocket flap cut off and would really like to find one that is complete. Thanks in advance for looking!!

Jess

Default BGS' Rank Board.

Greetings all,

Here is a board used to train US Soldiers (by quizzing them) on various BGS' Ranks they might encounter while conducting joint patrols etc. It is missing the standard BGS' Adler Shoulder Patch in the center, but otherwise appears complete.

Unfortunately, it is not mine nor is it for sale. I just thought it would be a nice share on this specific thread.

Njoy,

V/r Lance

Double on image to enlarge.

BGS Thread

Another humble addition. Hand-embroidered BGS flying wings that I recently got in a mixed lot of items:

BGS Thread

Default BGS Sumpftarn pattern jacket

Not particularly rare, but rather nice; the Bundesgrenzschutz (border guard) jacket in Third Reich era Sumpftarn pattern camo. Worn between 1952 to 1976, this one appears to be 1967 made, and is without the wild slasher cuts from "Freddy" the QM when decommissioned from service. The spot where the Federal eagle patch and BGS title were sown quite visible. I need to track down these patches and re-attach.
    Makes a good hunting or fishing jacket.

BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread

Great example. I may be able to assist you with the badges but I have found that there is some variation in dimensions, probably a manufacturing batch thing. I'll send you a PM later today. In the meantime check post #228 in this thread.

Regards
    Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Great display Mark in #228.
    This photo may be in the thread already, but I like it.

BGS Thread

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Great display Mark in #228.
    This photo may be in the thread already, but I like it.

BGS Thread
    Nope never seen that before but what a great pic, I can easily get inside the heads of those blokes.

A very interesting pic from a research perspective too. The vehicle is clearly BGS from the number plate and I am pretty sure it is an M8 Greyhound of US WWII vintage.

The troops are BGS too because they are wearing Sumpftarn rather than BW Splittertarn or Amoebatarn.
    They are carrying the FN FAL of one variant or other. It may be the angle of the image but those don't look like the BGS M35 type helmets, they seem more like the BW early M1 or is it my old eyes?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

"It may be the angle of the image but those don't look like the BGS M35 type helmets, they seem more like the BW early M1 or is it my old eyes?"

They look like M1s to me.

Very Interesting Picture Anderson so thank you for sharing as i have never seen BGS troops wearing what i believe to be the one part M60 stahlhelm before today So i agree with Mark and Paul on it being in the M1 profile ,if it is the M60 we can roughly date the Referance picture to between the late 50's and early 60's unless of course they are wearing the later Model 62 ,they also seem to be fitted with the official Bundeswehr Helmnetz
    I agree also with Mark on the Camo Bdu's being in the sumpftarn pattern
    The Turret of the light armoured car seems to have had a splittermuster camo scheme applied in some form
    Here is my M60 as used by the Bundeswehr from around a similar time frame BGS ThreadBGS Thread
    Regards James

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast