Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

If anyone can ID the sequence of pics (there must be others right?) it would be helpful to see the front of the M8 Greyhound to see if it has the gun mantlet covered with a plate of if it has the later MG mount which replaced the WWII A/T gun.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    If anyone can ID the sequence of pics (there must be others right?) it would be helpful to see the front of the M8 Greyhound to see if it has the gun mantlet covered with a plate of if it has the later MG mount which replaced the WWII A/T gun.

Regards

Mark
    WWII equipment of the Bundesgrenzschutz – wwiiafterwwii This site features the same photo, it describes the M8 as being "rearmed".

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    This site features the same photo, it describes the M8 as being "rearmed".
    Then that suggests to me that it has the plate that covered the hole left by the removed A/T gun replaced by the later specially engineered MG42 mount.

It isn't clear because of the (I believe locally made) camouflage turret cover and other kit stowage but I think you can just make out the virtually never used anti-aircraft frame which would have carried another MG42. This would date the image to the later period of M8 use by BGS but still leaves the question of the M1 (?) helmets.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-03-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Default Reminder of patch size on the sumpftarn jacket

FAO Anderson and anyone else interested

BGS Thread

Regards

Mark

And here it is on another jacket on the other side of the world.

A big hat tip to Mark who has made this possible, restoring an old BGS jacket to it's former glory. I've yet to have the patches reattached with correct zigzag stitch. Doesn't it look good!

BGS Thread

Quote by Anderson View Post
    And here it is on another jacket on the other side of the world.

A big hat tip to Mark who has made this possible, restoring an old BGS jacket to it's former glory. I've yet to have the patches reattached with correct zigzag stitch. Doesn't it look good!

BGS Thread
    Just the ticket mate!
    That's a cracking jacket so it just has to have the insignia.

I know that my Aussie mates would say "Ripper" but not too sure what would be the NZ equivalent?
    You know we in the home country (can I say that?) struggle to know the exact difference

Regards

Mark

Ripper and cracking both good!

OMG too difficult for me! Defo...

?

That's a great one Rene', I saved that one and In case I need to talk to Anderson , I saved this one!!!!

BGS Thread
    Great uniforms mate's!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast