Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

Default Re: BGS Thread

A lot of collectors, mainly from the red/black forum (them we can not mention)...would call items made by "STURM" repro/fake...for many years this firm along with others have made a huge variety of military items for the military/security/mercenary services, I prefer to call them replacement/non issued items ! collectable in their own right, and, as we see by the photograph I provided, very much used by official bodies !
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

Quote by oradour View Post
    A lot of collectors, mainly from the red/black forum (them we can not mention)
    yeah but what do they know thanks for the help now i know exactly what it is and the date area cheers

?

Thanks for the link to the video Steve it made for intresting viewing I was suprised to see they were using a landrover I wonder if the German goverment had bought them or if they were on lone.

Regards Mark K

Mark...there are many photographs of the BGS from 1952 on, showing Land Rovers...I tend to think they found them ideal (after all they are the best 4X4's in the world !) and stuck with them, despite domestic models being available later, i.e. Munga/VW 181/Iltis etc.
    Prost ! Steve.

Mark...there are many photographs of the BGS from 1952 on, showing Land Rovers...I tend to think they found them ideal (after all they are the best 4X4's in the world !) and stuck with them, despite domestic models being available later, i.e. Munga/VW 181/Iltis etc.
    Prost ! Steve.
    The other point germane to this insight is that in 1952, there was no defense oriented industry in West Germany, and it only emerged amid great friction and problems. The NATO allies did a lot to equip these forces, and the Bundesgrenzschutz was the first national, paramilitary organization in the young FRG.

You do well also to include Austrian Bundesheer regalia here and maybe should add it to the title. I am very fond of the Austrian army, both in its historical and post 1955 version.

Gentlemen...please post any references, items or discussion on the Austrian Army to the new Bundesheer Austrian Army thread..started here... https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bunde...n-army-125760/ I moved appropriate posts to this new thread. My thanks to FB for it was his suggestion
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Tom has just helped me aquire a Stumptarn tunic,trousers,and M43 style fieldcap I will post photos once they arrive but now I need to find some appropriate shoulderboards to complete the tunic and I would like to re badge the Sturm cap with the right vintage and proper insignia or should I let the cap be what it is gentlemen any suggestions for the tunic insignia and shoulderboards ???

Regards Mark K

Gentlemen...please post any references, items or discussion on the Austrian Army to the new Bundesheer Austrian Army thread..started here... https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bunde...n-army-125760/ I moved appropriate posts to this new thread. My thanks to FB for it was his suggestion
    Prost ! Steve.
    My warm thanks to you for the worthy and appropriate addition. The Austrian deserve their pride of place, and, of course, regained their own armed forces in 1955/6 as a sovereign nation state. The links between the Germans and Austrians in military history and soldierly tradition are very deep and significant, but the Austrian Bundesheer of the 2d Republic is an interesting topic with its own rich experience. That of the 1st Republic is also interesting, as well. Happy regalia.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Tom has just helped me aquire a Stumptarn tunic,trousers,and M43 style fieldcap I will post photos once they arrive but now I need to find some appropriate shoulderboards to complete the tunic and I would like to re badge the Sturm cap with the right vintage and proper insignia or should I let the cap be what it is gentlemen any suggestions for the tunic insignia and shoulderboards ??? Regards Mark K
    Mark...congratulations on your finds !....see here for ranks/shoulder board configuration, Federal Police Force / Bundesgrenzschutz - BGS any of these will do, although I personally would stick to EM's and junior NCO's, E-Bay Germany is full of them, inexpensive...search BGS in collectables, these are some I found in a quick minutes search ! .......I would add the correct badge to the Sturm cap....here is what should be attached.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

Attached Images Attached Images BGS Thread 

?

Thanks for the help Steve any thought on placement from the brim of cap how high should it be .

Regards Mark K

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast