Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

Default Re: BGS Thread

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks for the help Steve any thought on placement from the brim of cap how high should it be .Regards Mark K
    Mark, have a look at post #15 this thread....you can see where it goes. If you need a badge, I have the one in the photo, you can have.
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

?

Thank you Steve that is very good of you I will check post #15.

Regards Mark K

The BGS is also now a historical topic, since the organization no longer is called as such, and is now a prosaic Bundespolizei, whose uniforms have also been Europeanized and Americanized in the kind of dullness that is the norm in the 21st century.
    My happy memory of BGS uniforms was a Dr. Breuer redye job of one into a fake black SS uniform with which I was stuck in the middle 1960s. In memory of same, I acquired such a redyed black fake to recall my early and poignant mistakes. Here is the fake RZM tag found in such items.
    Attached Images Attached Images BGS Thread 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-14-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Here's me in the long BGS garb in the Big dessert 20 yrs back
    Hey I found the jacket and here's me wearing it (shooting my former '17 SMLE mkIII*) 67 dated and an example of the early BGS Cammo cut from a early zelt made into a jacket
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-31-2019 at 08:32 AM. Reason: added text

?

Very Nice Rene I will be on the hunt for one of these soon and the appropriate field gear Quick question as I have not had a chance to have hands on yet with any of the Stumptarn material do they have the same water repelent qualities as a zeltbahn shelter material.

Regards Mark K

Very Nice Rene I will be on the hunt for one of these soon and the appropriate field gear Quick question as I have not had a chance to have hands on yet with any of the Stumptarn material do they have the same water repelent qualities as a zeltbahn shelter material.

Regards Mark K
    G'day Mark

It is the same material as the comparable Zelt (I have one BGS zelt, not the same as WW2 and a single sided print) not too water proof on the areas that require movement! The shoulders on both patt jackets have extra waterproofing. I still have to find my short patt jacket to show
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-15-2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: added text

Just made a mess to find these. This is all I have remaining from the BGS. The Zelt and the short jacket.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-31-2019 at 08:39 AM.

?

I consider this by far the best constructed field jacket I have ever had the opportunity to handle never mind own the construction quality is excellent .I am still researching this Sumpftarn field jacket .These jackets were known as (Bundesgrenzchutz Einsatzjacke ) in the BGS this particular jacket is nicely maker marked and stamped in various locations and is dated to 1971. This jacket is missing the arm pocket cover on the left sleave this of course would be to seal the contents in the pocket I have looked at many period images and unit designation patches would be sewn on the pocket cover as well .This style of field jacket was first issued in 1967 and continued in service untill 1976 and is in the third pattern of sumpftarn camoflauge which was first put into production in 1963 and was used till the end of production in 1976 when the BGS officialy stopped wearing camoflauge. The jacket is designed to be used in conjunction with Y straps ( Koppeltragegestell )and a field belt the jacket has slits through the body in the shoulder area to thread the Y -straps through and is covered by a cape of extra material sewn over the shoulders to stop water from running in the slits cut for the Y-straps there are belt support hooks around the waist .The belt support hooks are strikingly similar to the ones found on an 43 feldbluse and are supported internaly by two straps and can be adjusted by moving the the belt hooks and changing there positon on the straps. You will notice the two D rings sewn on the back right hand side of the jacket these are for the attachment of a breadbag ( Brotbeutel )and or a canteen. There is a field bandage pocket sewn in the bottom right hand side of the interior of the jacket again another carry over from the TR feldbluse and the bottom pockets are partitoned on the inside to fit two mags in each pocket for the G-1 rifle . I will include a couple of photos with the Y-straps set in the slots and a bread bag attached for demonstration purposes . ( The Y-straps and breadbag are of Third Reich period )

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

BGS Thread  

I consider this by far the best constructed field jacket I have ever had the opportunity to handle never mind own the construction quality is excellent .I am still researching this Sumpftarn field jacket .These jackets were known as (Bundesgrenzchutz Einsatzjacke ) in the BGS this particular jacket is nicely maker marked and stamped in various locations and is dated to 1971. This jacket is missing the arm pocket cover on the left sleave this of course would be to seal the contents in the pocket I have looked at many period images and unit designation patches would be sewn on the pocket cover as well .This style of field jacket was first issued in 1967 and continued in service untill 1976 and is in the third pattern of sumpftarn camoflauge which was first put into production in 1963 and was used till the end of production in 1976 when the BGS officialy stopped wearing camoflauge. The jacket is designed to be used in conjunction with Y straps ( Koppeltragegestell )and a field belt the jacket has slits through the body in the shoulder area to thread the Y -straps through and is covered by a cape of extra material sewn over the shoulders to stop water from running in the slits cut for the Y-straps there are belt support hooks around the waist .The belt support hooks are strikingly similar to the ones found on an 43 feldbluse and are supported internaly by two straps and can be adjusted by moving the the belt hooks and changing there positon on the straps. You will notice the two D rings sewn on the back right hand side of the jacket these are for the attachment of a breadbag ( Brotbeutel )and or a canteen. There is a field bandage pocket sewn in the bottom right hand side of the interior of the jacket again another carry over from the TR feldbluse and the bottom pockets are partitoned on the inside to fit two mags in each pocket for the G-1 rifle . I will include a couple of photos with the Y-straps set in the slots and a bread bag attached for demonstration purposes . ( The Y-straps and breadbag are of Third Reich period )

Regards Mark K
    Cheers Mark K
    Lovely study and detailed photos

?

Thanks for that Rene I hope got all the details correct.

Regards Mark K

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast