Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

Default Re: BGS Thread

Nice find Mark ! there is still BGS equipment to be found over here in Europe.....waterbottles/messtins especially.
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

?

It was a good find steve they are in minty looking condition they still have not arrived in the post yet once I have them in hand I shall take some additional photos .

Regards Mark K

here's my input to the thread ,it would seem the original thread poster has long since gone so am reluctant to post on here but as its the only BGS thread ,here we go BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread

CBH
    ?

Here is a photo of the arm pocket insignia , when surplus they cut them down the back and sometimes cut off the arm flap .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS Thread  

Gents...great pieces and a healthy discussion ! Thanks to all participating, it is indeed dreadful what the authorities do to this clothing when de-commissioning them, quite a lot of it is rendered useless ! I am glad to see that they are being restored badges and even whole pockets and flaps are available on line for just this type of restoration .............I have posted this information on another thread on BGS sumpftarn, but repeat it here for note. Be aware that items of Sumpftarn clothing marked thus:- "PP Berlin or PPBln" are not BGS items, they are for the "BEPO" the Berlin police, who up to the 1960's were set up as light infantry units, and trained as such, since they were so far into the iron curtain and would probably of been first line defence in the event of invasion/war with the Warsaw Pact, and coupled with the fact they were surrounded by forests they adopted the BGS style Sumpftarn cammo uniform. "PP Berlin" stands for "Policepresidium Berlin".
    I show a couple of images of BGS troopers in sumpftarn...............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS Thread   BGS Thread  

Attached Images Attached Images BGS Thread 

my latest pickup ,a 1963 dated breadbagBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread

Nice bread bag James when I first started to collect BW Heer militaria, I was surprised to learn through research that the BW did not use these bread bags period ! using instead bags based on U.S. and British types....only the BGS, Police and emergency services (THW & Red Cross) retaining this style of bag as used in the Werhmacht.
    Prost ! Steve.

many thanks steve for the information on the breadbag use ,i too am surprised to learn of the different types used by the bundeswehr except for this type

well guys ,please excuse the few minor discrepancies but here's my torso display so far i will change the bundesheer y straps as and when i can also the belt is only temporary but ive used my ww2 period de nazified heer buckle ,i will update the display as i pick up more pieces BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread
    Last edited by James C; 07-28-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Mark...there are many photographs of the BGS from 1952 on, showing Land Rovers...I tend to think they found them ideal (after all they are the best 4X4's in the world !) and stuck with them, despite domestic models being available later, i.e. Munga/VW 181/Iltis etc.
    Prost ! Steve.
    The BGS was more or less the first armed or para military police force in the FRG, created a few years before the Bw, and equipped by the NATO allies and stationed forces, not the least because West German industry was reluctant to get back into the arms business because of the stain of Nuremberg and the post 1948 boom meant that there was no special need to do so. The Bw of 1956 got most of its equipment from U.S. security assistance as well as from the UK and the French. The Americans also did much to equip the BH in Austria in the mid 1950s, in fact.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast