Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

BGS sumpftarn real vs repro

Article about: Good morning all another member has asked me to start this thread concerning modern reproduction Sumpftarn trousers and a M43 style field cap that I unfortunately own .That story will be tol

Default Re: BGS sumpftarn real vs repro

mark ive enjoyed reading your informative thread, so i thought id chime in , out of interest i picked up one of those modern caps direct from germany purely to wear during the summer ,it too was sold as genuine bgs issue ,the one thing that strikes me is the caps seem to be made from exactly the same material ,on the inside it is more apparent especially the waxy coating as found on the inside of the Bundesgrenzschutz jacket shoulders ,now my question is are these caps made with genuine period material i know steve has mentioned surplus sumpfmuster material was purchased by other countries ive taken comparison shots for you to see ,its food for thought BGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs repro,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS sumpftarn real vs repro
    P
    Many

Didn't know they reproduced these. Great info

CBH
    ?

Great tread , I'll post some of my BGS sumpftarn pattern soon .

CBH
    ?

Here is most of my BGS sumpftarn , great pattern . The M-43 is a repro .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS sumpftarn real vs repro   BGS sumpftarn real vs repro  

BGS sumpftarn real vs repro   BGS sumpftarn real vs repro  

BGS sumpftarn real vs repro   BGS sumpftarn real vs repro  

BGS sumpftarn real vs repro  

?

Quite the difference in weight between the original and the repro items. An eyeopener and very interesting indeed.
    Very good looking camo BTW.

?

Quote by col james View Post
    mark ive enjoyed reading your informative thread, so i thought id chime in , out of interest i picked up one of those modern caps direct from germany purely to wear during the summer ,it too was sold as genuine bgs issue ,the one thing that strikes me is the caps seem to be made from exactly the same material ,on the inside it is more apparent especially the waxy coating as found on the inside of the Bundesgrenzschutz jacket shoulders ,now my question is are these caps made with genuine period material i know steve has mentioned surplus sumpfmuster material was purchased by other countries ive taken comparison shots for you to see ,its food for thought BGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs repro,
    Sorry for the late reply to this thread James as I am away from home working in Northern Canada I can only speak for my own cap and IMO the material used in the construction is 100% modern material the cloth is to thin and the weave is not correct and when I compare it to my original Jacket and my zeltbahn there are some major differences in the pattern and how the camouflage colors over lay each other there are far to many white lines on the edge of the underlying colors to me this is a dead give away that the material used is not from a period bolt of cloth.

Regards Mark K

Gents...great pieces and a healthy discussion ! Thanks to all participating.............note, that items of Sumpftarn clothing marked thus:- "PP Berlin or PPBln" are not BGS items, they are for the "BEPO" the Berlin police, who up to the 1960's were set up as light infantry units, and trained as such, since they were so far into the iron curtain and would probably of been first line defence in the event of invasion/war with the Warsaw Pact, and coupled with the fact they were surrounded by forests they adopted the BGS style Sumpftarn cammo uniform. "PP Berlin" stands for "Policepresidium Berlin".
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images BGS sumpftarn real vs repro 

At the moment there is a thread with a request for a field cap of the BGS / Federal Border Guard in the WAF / Wehrmacht Awards Forum with a link to this thread here in the WRF:
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I have a BGS field cap here, which I would like to show here in the thread for comparison.
    BGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs reproBGS sumpftarn real vs repro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2