Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BRD M1A1 m60 helmet

Article about: is any one able to help me idetify this please if so i would be very greatfull thank you. i found this today at a odds and ends store out the middle of nowhere. just thought a bit different.

Default BRD M1A1 m60 helmet

is any one able to help me idetify this please if so i would be very greatfull thank you. i found this today at a odds and ends store out the middle of nowhere. just thought a bit different. but dose anyone no what the decal is and would anyone no why its been sign by people must have been from the unit or somthing. some dates are 79 to 84 and one says holland. or is there any members on here that may have seved in this unit or no of it. there was 1980s turtle shell helmet there to he said this helmet came from canada maybe from somones collection. thanks for looking

- - Updated - -

hollond might be a name dident see that
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BRD M1A1 m60 helmet   BRD M1A1 m60 helmet  

BRD M1A1 m60 helmet   BRD M1A1 m60 helmet  

BRD M1A1 m60 helmet  
    Last edited by geelong; 02-21-2013 at 12:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BRD M1A1 m60 helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: BRD M1A1 m60 helmet

To me the helmet looks to a post war German helmet and the badge on the front looks to be Dutch ,is the text on the white label under the liner in German ?

is says. den helm so hulten , daB der schirmzum korper sicht uber ................. so on

this is the tag
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BRD M1A1 m60 helmet  

i still cant find this decal i think the helmet is a m62 not m60 the tag is in german.

been trying to get somewre with this helmet for the last few hours but with no luck.
    Last edited by geelong; 02-12-2013 at 11:00 AM.

im leaning towwards armor or tank but thats as far as ive got so far try agin tonight

i think im going to have to give up for a while on finding out what the decal is. was leaning towards police now. but spent a few more hours again on it with no out come, this helmet will go in the backlog pile. but thanks for looking.

Quote by kradman View Post
    To me the helmet looks to a post war German helmet and the badge on the front looks to be Dutch ,is the text on the white label under the liner in German ?
    thank you for you fast reply kradman ive been serching dutch insignia with no luck and been serching west german to.

well after all these years i have found out what this helmet is.
    it is the armoured brigade 8. and the insignia is the 83rd panzerbataillon.
    based in luneburg korner barracks.
    so there you go i might keep this helmet now, but for the names that are all over it, and holland dont no yet. maybe somthing to do with NATO. could have somthing to do with canadian troops.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast