Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!

Article about: Hey guys, I found this jacket at a local thrift shop. I thought it looked interesting and bought it because it was cheap. It's in very good condition and appears to be complete. I know nothi

Talking Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!

Hey guys,

I found this jacket at a local thrift shop.
    I thought it looked interesting and bought it because it was cheap.
    It's in very good condition and appears to be complete.
    I know nothing about this jacket and would like some information!
    Hope you will like it!

Thanks!

Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!
    P
    Many

Anyone? I just want to know how old this one is, where it was used etc...
    A link to a website with more information would also be nice.

I'm probably not going to keep this one because it's not really my collecting area.
    If I would sell it what would be a fair price to ask for it?

From the 1970s...This one has the liner, which is almost always missing. $25-$35, in my opinion....
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 12-18-2013 at 08:01 PM.

I understand these parkas were in use from the early 60s until some time in the 1980s, you can sometimes find the year on manufacture on the label. They were worn as you said by the Bundesgrenzschutz (border guards) who patrolled the border areas and manned border crossings, you can pick these up for about 25 euros.

?

Nice jacket, I believe the metal rings on the back are for some sort of belt attachment if I am correct other than the liner it does not appear to be missing anything else from it

If it fit, I'd wear something like this. We see a lot of our
    metal detectorist members wearing camo.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I have one also but this one is complete! Very nice, I'd add this one to my collection if I could

?

Nice winter parka it is IMO the third variation of the Bundesgrenzschutz Sumpfmuster pattern which was first issued in mid 1963 and remained in production until 1976.
    After 1976 the BGS discontinued the use of camo field ware with the exception of the anti-terrorist units with in the GSG-9 this was done presumably in an attempt to de-militarize the BGS's public appearance.
    Take note of the many small cuts to the cover of the pocket on the left arm this was standard procedure by by the BGS when they demilitarized any and all tunics,jackets and or parkas before they were released as surplus a good many of them will be missing the pocket all together .
    As to the two D rings and the two horizontal reinforced loops sewn on to the back of the parka this was to attach the loops of the Brotbeutel through to illustrate here are two example photos from my 1971 dated Einsatzjacke.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!   Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!  

Thanks for the info guys! I'd wear it if it wasn't made for a bear!

CBH
    ?

These are great coats , I have two complete examples . They work great in the forests of Eastern Canada , and are nice and warm for fall , early winter use . Nice item
    Cheers Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast