Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!

Article about: Hey guys, I found this jacket at a local thrift shop. I thought it looked interesting and bought it because it was cheap. It's in very good condition and appears to be complete. I know nothi

Good find, these are now highly collectable.....always damaged when decommissioned by the BRD either by removing the entire pocket or slashing the material here and there, why, we will never know........the pocket, shoulder straps and buttons can always be sourced and replaced, indeed I have seen the slash cuts zig zagged stiched !
    The two "D" rings on the rear are for mess tin and water bottle.........see here
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundesgrenzschutz parka thrift shop find!
    P
    Many

?

My mistake kirederf7 on the attachments and usage of the D rings Thanks for setting it straight Steve

Regards Mark K

No problem! I guess I'll have to look for a proper mess tin and field bottle now!

?

Most excellent parka - I like that a lot.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice winter parka it is IMO the third variation of the Bundesgrenzschutz Sumpfmuster pattern which was first issued in mid 1963 and remained in production until 1976.
    After 1976 the BGS discontinued the use of camo field ware with the exception of the anti-terrorist units with in the GSG-9 this was done presumably in an attempt to de-militarize the BGS's public appearance.
    Take note of the many small cuts to the cover of the pocket on the left arm this was standard procedure by by the BGS when they demilitarized any and all tunics,jackets and or parkas before they were released as surplus a good many of them will be missing the pocket all together .
    As to the two D rings and the two horizontal reinforced loops sewn on to the back of the parka this was to attach the loops of the Brotbeutel through to illustrate here are two example photos from my 1971 dated Einsatzjacke.

Regards Mark K
    Quote by oradour View Post
    Good find, these are now highly collectable.....always damaged when decommissioned by the BRD either by removing the entire pocket or slashing the material here and there, why, we will never know........the pocket, shoulder straps and buttons can always be sourced and replaced, indeed I have seen the slash cuts zig zagged stiched !
    The two "D" rings on the rear are for mess tin and water bottle.........see here
    Prost ! Steve.
    Good info - thx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2