Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Article about: Here is a work on Austrian uniforms of the interwar period, items of extraordinary rarity and great interest. The photos show the uniform in the Dolfuss Staendestaat, i.e. ca. 1933-38 at a t

Great beret Reibert ! and rare to ! love the badge ! Thanks for showing
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.
    P
    Many

?

A very nice beret indeed and not one I have seen before and in top notch condition I might add thanks for posting it Reibert.

Regards Mark

Hi all

nice to see all your Austrian stuff!!!!!!!
    as you can guess by the user name i'm kinda into it myself!!!!
    on the medic M1 helmet theme.... here's a pics of some of my medics kit ... I also have some medics bags somewhere I will have to dig them out!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.   The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.   The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

Hi all whilst sorting out some of my Austrian army stuff I came across these boots...they are unusual in that ..for starters are only just above the ankle in length (too short for combat boots!!) and they have two neat little buckles!!!
    as well as the laces they have Bundesheer labels on the tounges with the size 47 (size 12 uk) date 1997 maker Steinkogler and the soles have some makers marks too.... any ideas which part of the Austrian bundesheer would have used them!!???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.   The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

Home is, where you dig it !

1.Kp. PzB7 (1st Coy, 7th Tank Btl.)

Picture shot in the 60´s
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

Great image Reibert, times like that you tend to forget !
    Good job we do not have "smell-a-vision" !
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi all
    here's a pic I have also from the late 50's/ early 60's...of Austrian soldier wearing KAZ57 dot camo and posing with an mg 42/MG 1???? !!!! note he has STG 58 mag pouches on his belt!!!
    pic shown leaning up against my Austrian made dot camo m43 cap...bought it with an Nazi eagle and skull and cross bones bodged on the front!!!! so I soon removed the offending items and replaced them with a period Austrian roundel!!!

Quote by austromunga View Post
    pic shown leaning up against my Austrian made dot camo m43 cap...bought it with an Nazi eagle and skull and cross bones bodged on the front!!!! so I soon removed the offending items and replaced them with a period Austrian roundel!!!
    Well done !

Such caps often were "embellished" with such badges by members of "Wehrsportgruppen" or other, similarly, childish, groups ...

Hi all!!
    located the rest of my medic kit today!!
    here's a few pics!!

now ...up till now I never realised that the camo medic "bag" was actually just a cover for the earlier grey medic satchell!!!!!
    only twigged it when the two were there side by side and I trial fitted the two!!!!
    the wear evident on the issued example (with the unit markings) bears this out as well!!!
    the unissued camo medic bag "cover" has a nice sewn in "Heereseigentum" tag!!

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.   The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

CRC, (Crowd and Riot Control), -gear.

Current KFOR mission, Austrian contingent

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast