Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Article about: Here is a work on Austrian uniforms of the interwar period, items of extraordinary rarity and great interest. The photos show the uniform in the Dolfuss Staendestaat, i.e. ca. 1933-38 at a t

?

Yes, and very Austrian - we don't know Brotzeit (most of us). The good man with the red baret reminds of my time in the Army which I don't really miss. What has been done to the Austrian Army in the past years , however, is - how shall I put it? Wenn man den Bock zum Gärtner macht...
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 12-25-2015 at 12:09 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.
    P
    Many

?

In order not to get too far away from the topic:

Two Austrian army officer's caps, non-regulation left and regulation right. The cap on the left made me comprehend how to make decent looking caps. Got it back in 1993 at the Naschmarkt. Must have been ordered by an officer who knew about caps.

Attachment 916897

Attachment 916898

Bravo.. The saddle form cap you do see every once and a while. The plate shaped one is the norm.

I must discover Slama next time I am in Wien.

My best to you and thanks, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Nobody showed the GLOCK "FMsr78", ("Feldmesser 78"), in this thread so far ?

OK, here it is:

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Nice staged pics of the Glock fighting knife Reibert!!!!
    here's a pic of both of mine.... the 78 and the saw-backed 81!!!!
    mine are both commercial issue.... but are pretty much identical to the army issue, apart from the "B" & "H" and the Glock trades on the commercial issue are square....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.   The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.   The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

Quote by austromunga View Post
    .... the 78 and the saw-backed 81!!!!
    mine are both commercial issue ....
    Yes, and, (as far as I know), "private purchased" in Austrian, ("Special"), Police units.

Just to share this bundesheer m58 helmet HBA dated 1969 and maker marked Ulbricht Witwe Schwanenstadt 69 the liner is the second model as found post 1960's this bears as far as i can tell no maker stamp or moulding but still retains the us m1 style webbing ,sadly its missing the headband and chinstrap ,so finally after many years i have both stahlhelm 2 and 1 example's The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Another "KOSOVO -patch", "Multinational Battle Group West":

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Yet another appealing Austrian soldier female, of whom there are few, too few, especially illustrated here!

Among the better moments in my life are spent in Austrian Apotheken.

The Bundesheer has played an important and enduring role in s.e. Europe, a place of its own poetry, despite the episodic slaughter there.

I have spent much happy time there and have many friends there, too.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast