Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........

Article about: Gents, just bought this uniform set from Germany, Bundesmarine uniform for the rank of "Kapitan zur see" ? the "R" for on each sleeve cuff above the star is for "Res

Default Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........

Gents, just bought this uniform set from Germany, Bundesmarine uniform for the rank of "Kapitan zur see" ? the "R" for on each sleeve cuff above the star is for "Reservist" added to the tunic after retirement. If you look closely it has loops for awards below the BW proficiency badge, so perhaps this Kapitan was an old hand, a veteran ? The sea going badge on the right chest came out in 1972, so it is possible...I think the medal bar and proficiency badge have been added to help with the sale !
    The Tailor is Geiger in Kiel, a well known tailor for Navy uniforms. He made these for a very long time and was active in WW2.
    A beautifully made piece, but after 1970 (the cuff rank rings (piston rings) are 14mm wide, not the pre 70' 17mm) perhaps a new tunic commissioned after his last promotion, as all the rings have even wear to them !
    The sea going badge is a wonderfully embroidered bullion item, this is a fabulous uniform, however the proficiency badge and ribbon bar to me, did not belong to the tunic, I am sure the seller embellished it for the sale ! The loops are for, in my opinion, a wound badge and war badge......No first class EK loops though, but loops above the left breast pocket opening,they are too short in distance for the ribbon bar supplied, but perfect for a single court mounted medal, perhaps an EK II, the loops have to be for 57er awards as there are no BW badges or awards that would worn in such positions ....I have added images of the tunic with added 57er badges..... EK II, Destroyer badge, Black wound badge and EK II, High Seas Fleet badge, Silver wound badge....let me know which combination looks best !
    I would imagine this "Kapitan zur see" would of served up to the mid to late 1970's, as a veteran of WW2 he was probably a young ensign during the war, with just three to four awards to his credit.............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........   Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........  

Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........   Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........  

Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........   Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........  

Attached Images Attached Images Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform........... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........
    P
    Many

and now the combinations................be aware that most images by me are taken with flash so the almost black colour of the uniform is showing up as a lighter shade of blue, the true Bundesmarine colour is as shown in post 1, images 1 & 2.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........   Bundesmarine "Kapitan zur see" uniform...........  

Even though I usually collect East German militaria, I too recently bought a Kapt.z.See uniform (a Reservist, too)... It's a Gala-version though. What I was wondering, and please apologize for "hijacking" your topic a bit: are these common? I had a hard time finding anything on navy reservists uniforms (except for in the official regulations)... Untill you and this topic came along - what a coincidence...

Hi Jan, welcome to the Bundeswehr forum ! I have been told on another forum that BW Marine reservist items are rare.......As I am a Army man I am afraid I do not know enough about the Marine, this is my first piece of BW Navy uniform, so I am learning as I go along, sorry I can not be more helpful...........but I am sure my knowledge will improve as time goes on !
    Please start another thread on your Gala uniform, I am sure we would all like to see it
    Mean while heres a couple of site's you might find interesting... https://www.reservistenverband.de/ and Startseite and here Reserve (Milit, and more Auftritt Reservedienstleistende
    Prost ! Steve.

Will do as soon as it arrives at my door! It's my first West German uniform alltogether, so some learning will be done...

Thanks a bunch anyways!