MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bundesmarine Visors

Article about: This is probably the rarest of my Bundeswehr caps. A Bundesmarine Admiral visor cap, circa mid-1960s (this one is not dated). This one has a permanent blue top and has the large round shape

This is currently listed on Ebay.
    Hat is circa 1960s.
    However, I cannot recall any BM Admiral visors with chincords (in lieu of a chinstrap).
    Would chincords have been regulation back then?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundesmarine Visors   Bundesmarine Visors  

Bundesmarine Visors   Bundesmarine Visors  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundesmarine Visors
    P
    Many

No chincords worn in the history of the BW, either in the Marine, Heer or LW, only chinstraps.......this a fantasy mock up, however with a good black chinstrap it could be returned to regulation appearance ! Notice the original "anchor" logo chinstrap buttons are still in place......
    Prost ! Steve.

Bundesmarine Visorschin strap in proper manner.

?

Before ruling out the cap cords, I would take a quick look at the other maritime agencies -- Handelsmarine, Wasserschutzpolizei, etc. It appears as though at least some of the Polizei agencies wore the same gold cords. Different cap badge in this case. Hamburg Wasserschutzpolizei.

The cap cover on the previous cap has very heavy ribbing -- not something I've come across on my limited exposure to BM caps. To be fair, it could be original or it could be a replacement top.

Bundesmarine Visors

?

Just a followup and a bit OT. I've not found a WSP version of a flag-rank cap -- i.e. even though the Hamburg WSP cap shown has gold cords, note that the visor is the plain type and doesn't have the bullion edging of the BM caps.

As an aside, here's another photo of a similar cap. I found it interesting that he is wearing a 5-button jacket vs a 3-button as used by the Bundesmarine. Appears that insofar as Hamburg WSP is concerned, the gold cords are worn by the highest ranks.

Bundesmarine Visors

Hello,
    I just saw on ebay this hat for an admiral of Bundesmarine.
    It was interesting, also considering that there is the producer inside.
    At the end I decided not to buy it because of the leafs on the visor.

They are both pointing to the same side, while normally one should be upperward and one downward

What do you think, are they faking also these caps?
    Thanks

Attachment 1147576

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2