Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

Article about: by talltom bit expensive ...tom Also my idea.... |<

Default Show us your Bundeswehr "soft" caps....

Gents, there is a variety of soft cloth caps in the Bundeswehr both past and present, lets see yours ! I will start the ball rolling with this 2006 Bergmutze, a Gebirgsjagertruppen (Mountain troops) , very much in the WW2 mould....this is an enlisted mans/NCO version. The cap is also sporting (unofficially) a stick pin bronze proficiency badge ! Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Last edited by oradour; 05-17-2011 at 01:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Show us your Bundeswehr "soft" caps....

Next up, an October 1967 made Heer side cap, part of the unpopular "Filzlaus" combat uniform of the 1960's....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents, there is a variety of soft cloth caps in the Bundeswehr both past and present, lets see yours ! I will start the ball rolling with this 2006 Bergmutze, a Gebirgsjagertruppen (Mountain troops) , very much in the WW2 mould....this is an enlisted mans/NCO version. The cap is also sporting (unofficially) a stick pin bronze profiency badge ! Prost ! Steve.
    It is indeed a beauty, oradour.
    A ww2 distant cousin.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

And this is the cap from the uniform which was originally issued as an arbeit/fatigue uniform in the early 60's, the famed "Moleskin" uniform and worn well into the 90's ousting the "Filzlaus" uniform in terms of popularity amongst troops of the Bundeswehr.....being replaced by the "Flecktarn" uniform, but more of that later ! these caps can be bought for pence from car boot sales, fairs and jumble sales, but every collection should have one ! This a May 1983 made example.
    Prost ! Steve.

And the last for tonight, a 2003 made feldmutze in "Flecktarn" (5 colour) cammo, together with the "Wustentarn" (Desert 3 colour) is the current cammo combat uniform of the Bundeswehr, and you will see most soldiers wearing it on duty and on leave.......again a cheaply bought cap for a couple of pounds !
    Prost ! Steve.

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Last edited by oradour; 05-17-2011 at 01:43 AM.

For the Luftwaffe lover, a 1974 EM/NCO side cap......note the "yellow" piping, unique to the post war Luftwaffe, not waffenfarbe, as it just denotes the cap as "Luftwaffe" and not a particular arm of service or branch within the Luftwaffe, as in WW2. Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Here is my little side cap for the Luftwaffe 1990 arrived today

Frenchy

Frenchy, snap ! same as mine ! but a later made cap. Prost ! Steve.

Hello Gents !
    here is what arrived today

I can see the difference between the material use around 1967 and 1978 the later one feel cheap compare to the early one
    Frenchy

Frenchy, great little caps there ! I have yet to obtain an example of the field cap (M43 look a like), they are rare, only worn in the 1960's i believe......
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast