bit expensive ...tom
    Also my idea....
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....
    P
    Many

Default Re: post your bundeswehr berets

There are lots of them for sale on ebay.de, price is from 1 euro whit out badges and 8 to 12 euros whit badges and all collers. good luck

Default Re: post your bundeswehr berets

thank you thomas will have to have another look

tom

Default Re: Show us your Bundeswehr "soft" caps....

Gents, two more new additions came today, a pair of very nice Officers overseas sidecaps (Schiffchen), no way no way of dating these as there are no labels in the caps...but probably worn in the 1960's thro to late 1970's, when Officers took up the beret along with NCO's and enlisted men, albeit with bullion beret badges. Both these caps are cut and indeed look like their TR counterparts, both have silk liners with leather sweat bands, each cap though is made from different material the first I show is a little darker in colour and is made from the Officers ribbed tricot type material, the other somewhat lighter and more of a "showeproofed" material than the first, both are silver piped and have the bullion cockade in BRD colours.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Here is the second cap, made of a waterproofed material, giving it an almost "shiny" appearance ! enjoy !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Very attractive cap. I rather like that. I think it is great that this material is now being collected.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very attractive cap. I rather like that. I think it is great that this material is now being collected.
    Agreed. Indeed the Bundeswehr has quite a bit of a history by now... Come to think of it: It has been in existence for more than twice as long as the Reichswehr and Wehrmacht combined.

Ade, HPL2008, the problem is in the U.K. BW stuff has too long been associated with the surplus (Army & Navy) stores, and therefore more associated with work wear than collectable (it is slowly changing) I believe we (U.K.) are behind with the rest of the collecting fraternity, as it seems that especially in Germany and U.S. it is highly collectable and prices are climbing. Notice how slow moving this sub-forum is....despite regular injections of items !
    Prost ! Steve.

Gents, my latest addition...an early BW feldmutze, dark grey wool M43 style,known as the M56, worn from its inception upto around 1960, this is an EM version, sadly the mm and date has disapeared over time...rare to find these days.....the feldmutze continued to be worn in a moleskin version (as in post #16 ) well into the 60's and early 70's, the only M43 style cap being worn nowadays is the Bergmutze by BW mountain troops (post #8). Prost ! Steve.

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  
    Last edited by oradour; 01-20-2012 at 12:17 PM.

One more new addition....a rare "soft" tanker beret, as opposed to the the "hard" type, which was unpopular with crews outside the vehicles, as it had an ungainly appearence and was cumbersome in wear, so a soft version (no padding) beret was issued, made of wool as in the "Filzlaus" tunic, it stayed in wear upto the late 60's when the first coloured berets began to appear in the BW, a black version with a metal badge depicting a tank was issued to Panzer men. This is an April 1962 beret, early version with brown leather sweatband/trim. I show it side by side with its big brother for comparison.
    Prost ! Steve.

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast