MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

Article about: by talltom bit expensive ...tom Also my idea.... |<

Default Re: Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

Gents...four more caps to the collection, one 1961 dated field cap (M43 style) originally part of the herring bone work uniform, but it seems worn at most times on exercise etc...and three more berets, late Fallschirmjagertruppe, Heeresfliegertruppe (army air corps) and Feldjagertruppe (Military Police)......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....
    P
    Many

?

Nice pickup Steve the early herringbone twill variation of the M43 is an awsome piece looks to be unworn condition .
    I must admit it is the first one I have seen with the use of this type of fabric .

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice pickup Steve the early herringbone twill variation of the M43 is an awsome piece looks to be unworn condition . I must admit it is the first one I have seen with the use of this type of fabric . Regards Mark K
    Mark...it has taken me some time to track one down, it was a lucky find at $5 ! and $4 post to U.K. from the States......I think there was a moleskin type as well.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Were the herring bone twill work uniforms standard issue in the BW I have yet to see any come up for sale here on Ebay or in the surplus stores.

Regards Mark K

Mark, I believe they were issued in 1959 as a purely work uniform, they rarely come onto the market, they look like and are considered the forerunner of the moleskin uniform, they are easily identifiable as they lack any insignia, even the national flags are not attached...there was a set on e-bay Germany last month, but they went for silly money....as a note, the moleskin uniform (like its predecessor) was also to be a fatigue uniform, but both were worn in and around the garrison and on exercise, preferred by the soldiers to the "Filzlaus" tunic ! which was gradually phased out in favour of the moleskin uniform.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks for the info Steve I will look to see if I can find some images on the net to look at as well as keeping an eye open for any that show up here on Ebay or in the thrift stores/surplus stores.

Regards Mark K

great thread by the way heres my small contribution my nice mint od side cap dated 1979 size 58 thanks jamesBundeswehr Berets and soft caps....Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

Another two for the collection arrived this morning...two black berets, first a 1995 dated rare "Heeresaufklarar" (Army intelligence) beret..they operate the pilotless drones and collate intelligence rather the the wearer of the second beret is a 1989 dated black beret of the "Panzeraufklara" (Armoured Reccon) who performed duties rather like a scout in the U.S. Army.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Hi all
    Finally got round to posting up my early BW feldmutze M56 this one seems to be more blue than dark grey.. it came in a job lot with my 1960's officer visor

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

that one had the incorrect insignia (now replaced) .. wonder if this is the same!!

Finaly got my BW panzer beret, today at the fleemarket!
    It can be seen here among my other (militaria related!)finds.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast