Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectables

Article about: Hi Again, Some PW West German and current German badges for your perusal (And one or two TR). Hope that you find them of interest and worthy of comment!! Regards Michael R

Hi, I think that I have neglected this thread a bit and as it was me who set the goat running, then perhaps I should put a bit more effort into keeping it up and running?? So here goes, some Bundie shoulder insignia for view. This is very much a secondary collecting field for me and I do not profess to be anything like an expert on the Bundeswehr let alone their insignia so I would be very appreciative of any comments or corrections which anyone would care to make. I will make an effort to put a few on each night over the comming week. Hope that they are of interest.
    Regards and best weishes Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectables
    P
    Many

Badges for the latest post. MR

Bundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectables

Schleswig-Holstein.Badges with:

National Eagle emblem in shield over National Colours = Highest echlon personnel of the various functions of the Army.
    Ditto surmounting Wording = Military Area Commands of the Army.
    Ditto surmounting initials "SH" = Schleswig-Holstein Military Area Command.
    Ditto surmounting a Roman numeral = Military District Commands.
    National Eagle emblem on a yellow field surmounting a Roman numeral = Army Corps'.
    Crossed Swords surmounting the letter "L" = Army troops based on training and demonstration establishments. Coloured edging denotes BOS.
    Ditto with letter "S" = Armt training staff, instructors and students.
    Ditto with flaming grenade = Army depots personnel.
    Gold vertical inverted sword partialy encompassed by a wreath of both Oak and Laurel leaves = Military Sports School personnel.
    Vertical coloured bars = Personnel of the Franco German Brigade.
    Red griffin over a verticaly halved shield blue/white = 41 Territorial Brigade.
    Black Elk on a white field = Marine 3 Minesweeping Squadron.
    Last edited by Michael Ryan; 01-18-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Micheal, a good collection of Verbandsabzeichen (arm shields) from the BW Heeres.......you are correct the "Elk" badge is not BW....However the red Griffin on a split blue and white field is, it is Heimshutzebrigade (Territorial Brigade) 41 "Vorpommern" - Eggessin, formed 1st April 1994 from remnants of a DDR armoured Division, became part of PzGrenBrig 41 from 1994. The "Sportschule der Bundeswehr" badges are internal badges and not for general wear on the service tunic but were some times worn on the field uniform jackets/parkas/track suits etc, unofficially.
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi Steve, Thank you for your response and your info is especially appreciated!!!!! Now, a question for you if I may? All I have by way of reference information on BW insignia etc is a "Der Reibert", a couple of incedental books with some illustrations and a "scrap" book containing a selection of illustrations of patches etc. My question is, can you recommend any more in depth reference books or indeed, any online sites to view please?
    Cheers Michael R

Hi All, Some more BW Heer shoulder insignia to view for those interested.
    Cheers Michael R

Bundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectables

The insignia are:

1. Crossed Swords surmounting the letter "S" = Army training staff, instructors and students.
    2. Rearing horse on a red shield over a vertically halved yellow/white = 1 Armoured Division.
    3. Rampant lion vertically halved red/white on a field veryically halved white/red = 2 Armoured Division. later Rifles?
    4. Crossed horses heads in white on a red field = 3 Armoured Devision.
    5. White/yellow edelweise within a vertical oval outline on a green field = 1 Mountain Devision.
    6. National Eagle on horizontal quaters of yellow/red/white/blue = 14 Armoured Devision.
    7. Flighted eagle over a globe within a vertical oval = International LARP School.
    8. Green oak leaf spray over a vertically halved yellow/white = 14 Territorial Defence Command
    9. Inverted "Y" devisions containig rampant lion, diagonal pattern and horizontal bars. =
    10. Vertically devided shield coloured blue/yellow and wording "Luftwaffe Mun Dp Luftwaffe Vers Rgt 6" = Possibly Luftwaffe?
    11. Crossed Swords on a blue field = Army Support Command.
    12. Vertically halved shield with halved National Eagle and a pair of parachutes = Possibly not Heer??
    13. Crossed Swords on a diagonaly sectioned field black/red/blue = 200 Logistics Brigade.
    14. Vertical inverted sword over Europe on a blue field = Euro Corps.
    Last edited by Michael Ryan; 01-18-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Black Elk on a white field = Not German.
    Quote by oradour View Post
    you are correct the "Elk" badge is not BW...
    The "Elk" patch is German. It is the insigne of the Bundesmarine's 3. Minensuchgeschwader. [3rd Minesweeping Fleet]. See:
    Marine - Pressemitteilung | Pressemitteilung Presse- und Informationszentrum Marine

8. Green oak leaf spray over a vertically halved yellow/white = ????

Heimatschutzbrigade 52
    [Territorial Defence Brigade 52] / Heimatschutzkommando 14 [Territorial Defence Command 14] / Jäger-Regiment 52 [Light Infantry Regiment 52]. See:
    Bundeswehr Home Security Commands Sleeve Badges

13. Crossed Swords on a diagonaly sectioned field black/red/blue = ????
    Logistikbrigade 200 [Logistics Brigade 200]. See:
    Logistikbrigade 200

14. Vertical inverted sword over Europe on a blue field = ????
    Eurocorps. See:
    Eurokorps

My question is, can you recommend any more in depth reference books or indeed, any online sites to view please?
    These could all be useful:
    Liste der Verbandsabzeichen der Bundeswehr
    Bundeswehr Corp & Division Badges
    Feuerwehrabzeichen-Weltweit - Deutschland - Bundeswehr - Heer - Verbandsabzeichen 1

Hi All, Some more arm shields to have a look through.
    Cheers MR

Badges are:

1. Inverted "Y" sectioned with yellow lion on black, blue and white diamond pattern and crossed keys in white on red. = 4 Armoured Infantry now Rifles Division.
    2. White Parchute (4 line) within vertical oval edged field of grey = Air landing troops (paratroops) 1 Mountain Division.
    3. Red Lion on yellow field = Naval Speed Boat S48
    4. National Eagle in grey on a grey field BW "Wachdienst" = Military Security Guard Service.
    5. Yellow rampant lion outlined with vertical yellow bars on a blue field = 5 Armoured Division.
    6. Crossed inverted swords on a red field = BW Army Department.
    7. Various trade speciality insignia.
    8. Blue lions (x2) on a yellow shield superimposed on a white star all on a red field = 6 Armoured Infantry Division.
    9. Black lions (x3) on a yellow shield itself on a diagonaly split shield black/yellow = 55 Territorial Defence Brigade.
    10. On a field comprising the National Colours a shield with inverted "Y" sections white diagonal wave, white rearing horse on red and flower on white = 53 Territorial Defence Brigade.
    11. Vertically quatered shield with TL canton white lion on blue, TR canton red vertical cross on white, BL canton red diagonal band with three white birds (eagles?) below a yellow triangle and BR canton gold lion on a black field = 54 Territorial Defence Brigade.
    12. White rearing horse on a red field = 7 Armoured Infantry Division.
    13. Gold National Eagle on a grey field edged in gold = May not be BW ???????
    14. Black National Eagle on National colours = Not BW, Fire Service insignia
    15. Grey or gold National Eagle on various coloured fields with wording BW "Brandschutz" = Military Fire Protection Service.
    16. Black rampant lion on a yellow field = 10 Armoured Infantry now Armoured Division.
    17 Blue parachute (4 line) on a blue field = 1 Airborn Division.
    18 Variouys geometric shapes blue/black/white/yellow with black wings upper left and number 1 upper right = To be confirmed! Anti aircraft missile unit?

Once again, I would appreciate any corrections to the above. Cheers MR
    Last edited by Michael Ryan; 01-19-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast