Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectables

Article about: Hi Again, Some PW West German and current German badges for your perusal (And one or two TR). Hope that you find them of interest and worthy of comment!! Regards Michael R

Hi HPL, Once again, thank you for your comments and links. I have started to explore the links and have ID'ed a number of the badges in the latest entry which I would otherwise have ???? against. A font of knowledge and greatly appreciated!!!
    Cheers MR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectables
    P
    Many

[QUOTE=Michael Ryan;1091468]3. Red Lion on yellow field = ?? possibly not BM??????

It is BM: Schnellboot S-48 "Löwe", see:

Förderverein Museums-Schnellboot e.V.

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    18 Variouys geometric shapes blue/black/white/yellow with black wings upper left and number 1 upper right = Possibly not BW??????????
    I cannot positively ID it, but it is a formation badge for an anti-aircraft missile unit.

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    14. Black National Eagle on National colours = May not be BW??????????
    Correct; these are not from the Bundeswehr, but for Feuerwehr (fire department) personnel. Worn on the right sleeve in addition to the municipality/county shield on the left sleeve by certain authorized personnel and personnel participating in international events . For examples from an outfitter, see (scroll down):

Dienstgradabzeichen - Feuerwehr
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-19-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Hi HPL, Thank you for the latest post and link to the Fire Service insignia. Since starting on this Forum, you have, without a doubt, taught me a vast amount about German medals and insignia etc. Along with all the other members who have taken the time to read and view my imputs to the various threads, which interest me, you have all been instrumental in teaching a very old dog some very new tricks!!!! Additionally, I am amased by the amount and quality of the information you Germans have at your disposal when it comes to your military and civil uniformed organisations. To me it shows a pride which alas alot of other nations do not take in their uniformed functions. And, sad to say, I include us Brits in this assesment. Thank you to all those who have assisted in my little projects.
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

Hi Once Again, Four more boards of shoulder shields for view. This will be the last of the shoulders for now. I hope that they are of interest. A quick request please. If, in your spares boxes, you have any shoulder insignia that I have not shown and are happy to down load, please feel free to let me know what is available and what price or trades you are looking for. Cheers MR

Bundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectables

The badges are:

1. Yellow crosses (x2) on a blue field surmounting white wavy lines (x3) = 11 Armoured Infantry Division.
    2. Bull's head over horizontal panels blue/gold/red = 40 Armoured Infantry Brigade.
    3. Yellow rampant lion on a black shield over a diagonaly halved field white/blue = 56 Territorial Defence Brigade.
    4. Horizontaly zig zag devided field red/grey with red/yellow quartered standard in lower section = 12 Armoured Division.
    5. Various trade speciallity badges and NATO patches.
    6. Various airbourn/para patches. ??????????
    7. Speed boat, Iron Cross and palm tree on a yellow field = 3 Speed Boat Squadron.
    8. Yellow axe on a blue field = German Army troops assigned to Northern Army Group.

Hi, A minor change in direction. Some other BW insignia to view. Hope you find them interesting.
    Cheers MR

Bundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectables

The badges are.

Card 1:

1. A small selection of shoulder slides for Military Chaplains.
    2. BL sleave/cuff bands including Other ranks, Officer and Gerneral Officer ranks.
    3. Medical General Officer.

Card 2:

1. Commemorative/honour cuff titles for the "Steinhoff" Squadron.
    2. Ditto "Boelcke" Squadron.
    3. Titles for 9 Armoured Training School.

Card 3:

1. Commemorative/honour cuff titles for the "Molders" Squadron.
    2. Ditto "Immelmann".
    3. Titles for the Guard Battalions.

Card 4:

1. Commemorative/honour cuff titles for the "Richthofen" Squadron.

Card 5.

1. Titles for the Unteroffizier (Junior NCO) School.
    2. Ditto School 1.
    3. Ditto School 2.
    4. Military sports vest badge in the form of the National Eagle in black on a white field.

All of the small circular badges are trade specialities.

Once again, if you have any titles to sell or trade, please let me know what and how much.

Hi another mini tangent, a couple of blades which may be of interest. Cheers MR

Bundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectables

The utility clasp knife is marked "CCM Rostfrei"

The gravity knife blade cap is marked "II/61" and the blade "WKC Rostfrei 60" (WKC = Weyersberg, Kirschbaum and Cie). Both items bear the BW National Eagle on the grips.

Outstanding collection Michael ! sorry for my lack of involvement,..... as for the badges there are just to many to comment on at the moment, as my wife is off work, if you know what I mean there are apparently many jobs she has found for me to do ! However in a couple of days she's back, so I shall have more time to discuss.......just a note, the LW cuff titles, if wings are on a black background they are "Heeresfleiger" (Army Air Corps) all LW titles have a blue/Dark blue background......I have never seen an "ARTZ" title before....................
    Prost ! for now, Steve.

Hi Once Again, Another minor directional change, this time to headdress insignia. Hope that they are of interest.
    Cheers MR

Bundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectablesBundeswehr caps, cap badges and other collectables

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast