MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.

Article about: Here is my recently purchased Generalleutnant tunic, a stunning piece in very light grey pure wool material, very lightweight, with heavily embroidered insignia, including "Fallshirmjag

Default Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.

Here is my recently purchased Generalleutnant tunic, a stunning piece in very light grey pure wool material, very lightweight, with heavily embroidered insignia, including "Fallshirmjagerspringer" (Parachute wings) gold grade and "Einzelkampfer" (lone survival combat course), it sports a "BMVg" (Federal Ministry of defence) arm badge... The tunic is not named sadly....I would date, say around late 1970's-early 1980's, a WW2 vet, as it sports a massive ribbon bar, which in my opinion needs more study/research...it is for RK, DKiG, BRD Order of Merit 1st class, EK I, BRD Order of Merit 2nd class, EK II, CCC in Silver, Wound badge in Silver, Luftwaffe Ground Assault badge, Kuban Schild, Fallshirmjager qualification badge, Tank destruction badge, Sports badge, 1962 flood medal, last one in not known at this time....however the ribbon bar is not of the normal 57er construction...it has the current method of mounting, i.e. metal backing on which separate ribbon mounts are slid into place, I need to find out when these bars came into use...as this vet would of retired in early, at the latest mid 80's.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.   Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.  

Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.   Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.  

Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.   Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.

Is there any award that this guy DOESN't have Steve? I'd kill just to have the ribbon bars!

Seriously though, it's a brilliant tunic in even better condition. And you're right, I think that you've got some serious researching to do mate, although I would have thought that with those awards it would be "relatively" easy to do some back-tracking as to the original owner.

Best of luck.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Last edited by jimpy; 10-11-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Grammar/spelling

Thats a great jacket mate...nice one alright...is thare a possibility the last ribbon bar is the Legion of Merit??

Gents...an update on this item...it is the opinion of others, elsewhere, that that the bar is made up ...I suspected this to be the case, as the last RK holder retired from the BW in 1983, and this type of bar was used in the late 80's on...I will still keep the bar as it displays nicely. Due to this research, I have obtained another BW bar which is more correct, (although not original to the tunic) and I have attached this new bar to the tunic...
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.   Bundeswehr Generalleutnant tunic + 57er Ribbon bar.  

thats a choker steve.

Absolutely gorgeous jacket!!! I would love to find one like this!!!!

Fantastic jacket. I haven't seen until today. And wow ribbon bars!!
    But agree with your observations about it.
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 04-04-2020 at 09:51 PM.