Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern

Article about: Hi, mates ! Want to show you the German Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern. This is the knife of the German para units, also tank-crews uses this knives. Only three companies in Germany m

Default Re: Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern

Reibert..Wonderful gravity knives, not sadly available here in the U.K. so I do not have one...great pieces !
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern
    P
    Many

Default Re: German BW gravity knife 1963 pattern

[QUOTE=VocelkaV;646947] ...

Le me show you mine, it has a different form/strucutre than yours, ... QUOTE]

Also the dimensions are different !
    Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 patternBundeswehr gravity knife 1963 patternBundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern

Default Re: Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern

Thanks for showing, mine (commercial used) is huge, but Bundeswehr used is even biggerAlso the blade..Nice to see them together

Hi, mates !

Wanna "wake up" this, old, thread !

My son is doing duty in an Austrian Airborne batallion, (in it´s "KU-Kompanie"), since more than 3 yrs. in an (heavy) mortar unit, (commonly), transportet with the "Blackhawk".

Several soldiers, (riflemen, recon units, and, snipers, among others ...), of the batallion are qualified in parachuting.
    Not really often seen by soldiers of the "KU-Coy", ("Kampfunterstützungs-Kompanie" / combat-support Coy), because they´re "Chopperborne", as mentioned.

Only two men ( ! ) of the "KU-Coy" of my son´s batallion are participating a parachutist training, (besides soldiers of his own batallion, they´re members of other branches, then, furthermore, graduates of the military acadamy, NCO´s, and, special units soldiers), currently.
    My son is one of them, and, I´m very proud of him !

To put it in a nutshell, very interesting, the cord-cutter knife !

It seem´s, the boy´s are equipped with the "Bundeswehr cord-cutter´s knife 1963 pattern", stored in the reserve chute !

Best regards,
    R.

Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 patternBundeswehr gravity knife 1963 patternBundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern

Hi !

My son finished the 2nd part of his parachutist training this week.

1st part:
    Two jumps out of the "Pilatus PC-6" "Turbo Porter" last week.

2nd part, (2nd week):
    One jump out of the "Pilatus", the other day, 3 jump´s out of the "C-130 Hercules", (one jump with full equipment, weapons, ...), and, one night jump.

In case of emergency, airborne-soldiers of the Austrian Bundesheer will be, (could have), sent into action only after that, (short), training to jump indeed !

Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 patternBundeswehr gravity knife 1963 patternHi !

The two trainings were held on two, different, locations in Austria.

During the 1st, also, during the 2nd week, the soldiers were equipped with the Bundeswehr cord cutter knife "M1963" !

Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 patternBundeswehr gravity knife 1963 patternBundeswehr gravity knife 1963 patternBundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern

Quote by oradour View Post
    Reibert..Wonderful gravity knives, not sadly available here in the U.K. so I do not have one...great pieces !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Yep, these are prohibited by law in UK but I got mine in Germany in the '80s when I traded for it with a BW Fj colleague. It is safe in my toybox and will never leave the house. Sadly, I can't pass it on to my son who is now in the Royal Navy. When I get too old it will have to "escape" to Europe I think!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The receipt:

Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 patternBundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern

?

Congrats to your son Reibert!!! This must make you a very proud father

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Just saw this thread, I've had an Eickhorn LL80 since '85. The blade has the typical Eickhorn logo but also says "1865 - 1985". From this thread I now know it is a commercial version. But I should have realized that years ago as the green handle says "Germany Pat Pending" on it.

I have used and used and used this knife years ago and it is still in great shape. Now it sits in a draw with a dozen or so other knives...

And as Phil said, congrats to your son.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast