Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bundeswehr (?) officers cap

Article about: Hello all! I own this cap. This is in very poor condition. I know that this is a post war piece, but i didn't find any similar to this one. Is it a rare type? Who worn it and when? A few pic

?

Default Bundeswehr (?) officers cap

Hello all!

I own this cap. This is in very poor condition. I know that this is a post war piece, but i didn't find any similar to this one. Is it a rare type? Who worn it and when? A few pics: Postimage.org / gallery - 201311214758, 201311214759, 201311214760

Thank you for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr (?) officers cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr (?) officers cap
    P
    Many

I believe it's an early Bundeswehr officer's cap...perhaps 1960s-70s, I'm guessing...
    cheers,Glenn

?

Thank you!

It's missing the West German national roundel, i think it being dark grey means it's a quite early Bundeswehr cap though!....

?

Thank you !

Levaid............welcome to the Bundeswehr sub section ! Your cap is a Senior/Staff Officers cap (Major through to Colonel) of the Heer (Army) it is not the earliest...worn between 1960-70, between these dates uniforms and hats can be found from the lightest grey through to almost black ! in 1970 they standardised both the cut and colour of these items....As the others state missing its roundel, these can be found on E-Bay, when complete and in good condition worth around £30+ ($50) if in good all round condition....... Another usual fault is the headband inner can/does break, often in several places....if not in good all round condition, then £10-$15, however looking at your other images it appears heavily damaged, and requires a lot of work by someone who knows about hat making, in my opinion it is not worth anything, sorry.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thank you Steve, now the story is complete for me. There are no moth nips, the spots on it's top are paint. Probably i won't buy the missing part. But maybe I show it to a tailor or a needlewoman. :-)