Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

I don't know what it is exactly, but definitely not Bundeswehr (neither army, navy nor air force), as there is no such thing as a black peaked cap for the BW.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

Actually, it turns out to be a very dark blue. Apparently colors varied in certain time periods. I see other hats that match - it is an Engineer/Pioneer hat. With the flash photos you can see the blue in it - which caused me to revisit some of the other images on the forum. Army, Engineer. It was made by Balke, but apparently isn't a common product from them.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I don't know what it is exactly, but definitely not Bundeswehr (neither army, navy nor air force), as there is no such thing as a black peaked cap for the BW.
    I agree with Andreas. It is a Marine-related visor.
    Could be one of the myriad of civilian-related marine organisations.
    The maker, Heinrich Balke, (who was based in Bremen) primarily made marine-related caps in the post-war era.
    Last edited by stonemint; 04-11-2016 at 08:27 PM.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by AlphaCentauri View Post
    Actually, it turns out to be a very dark blue. Apparently colors varied in certain time periods. I see other hats that match - it is an Engineer/Pioneer hat. With the flash photos you can see the blue in it - which caused me to revisit some of the other images on the forum. Army, Engineer..
    Once again: Pioniere of the Bundeswehr do not wear black (or very dark blue) peaked caps and never did, and neither did those of the Wehrmacht and the Reichswehr.

Well, it is a mystery then. It has the re-enforcement and deformation common to the proper cap emblem for Army, the proper cockade, it isn't black and there isn't anything on the visor. Similar ones with the same colors are called one thing by one group, rejected here. I guess I will continue looking for more information about what it is rather than what it is not. Thank you.

You can always write the company:

balke
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I have been enjoying the postings here, and my small contribution to this thread....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

BW officer...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

I have also two Bundeswehr peaked caps. An old cap (maybe 1960-1965) of a Colonel (manufacturer: August Müller) and a modern cap of a General (manufacturer: Albert Kempf). Both are in unworn condition.

Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Very nice items.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast