Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

?

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

You are getting quite a collection going there,in the photo is Hartmann and Kamhuber who developed the Kamhuber air defense system in the war.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

Here is my little contribution who arrived this morning

Frenchy

I have a little question about my cap ,i am checking all the great cap you all posted and most of them you can see a date on them where is the manufactured date on mine ?

Frenchy

Frenchy, a super Luftwaffe enlisted mans/NCO's peaked cap, probably 1970's-80's, although a "Pekuros" made cap, sold (private purhase, better quality.) I believe, through the KKB Koblenz shop (usually the suppliers of Officers uniforms and the like), and therefore not issue....for some reason most if not all caps sourced here do not appear to be dated, unlike issue caps. As a footnote:- KKB stands for "Kleider Kasse Bundeswehr" an outlet in the city of Koblenz for the purchase of Officers kit. Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 04-28-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Zwerge, thanks for that great photo, I recognise one the officers, is it Erich Hartmann, but the other eludes me. I show my latest aquisition, a pre-1971 EN/NCO Panzer/Air Defence cap from 1968, notice the darker shade of grey used on this cap when compared to post 71 caps and the ribbed cap band compared to the newer cap. The walking out uniform of the Bundeswehr changed or should it be evolved ? in 1971, a standardised shade of grey (lighter) was introduced, (tunics prior were any thing from light grey thro to almost black !) fake or double cuffs were out, and the material the uniform was made from was a much lighter weave, some say the quality dropped ! Is the Waffenfarbe Pink or Coral Red ? Panzer if pink, Army Flak/Air defences if coral red, they are similiar, opinions please....I leaning towards Air Defence. However, heres the new cap......
    Prost ! Steve.
    The general officer is the chief of staff of the Lw at the time the picture was taken, Erich Kammhuber.

Thanks to both zwerge and FB for identifying the two Luftwaffe Officers, I must brush up on my WW2 personalities !
    Prost ! Steve.

Hello !
    Here my second cap who arrived yesterday . 1967

Now i would love to find a Navy one to ad to my collection !
    Frenchy

Frenchy, I love these dark grey caps from the 60's, looks to have "Mittelblau" waffenfarbe, "Technische Truppen"...
    anybody else got a cap to show ?
    Thanks for showing...Prost ! Steve.

Gents, picked this May 1968 "Bamburger" made "Sanitatstruppe" (Medical troops) cap for 99p ! (Just over a Euro/Dollar).....notice the subtle waffenfarbe colour difference between this cap and frenchy's cap, mittelblau v dunkelblau, not much in it ! Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  
    Last edited by oradour; 04-28-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Gentlemen, for better comparison of the shades of blue mentioned in the post above, here are the two blues, Top :- Technial Troops (Mittelblau), Bottom :-Medical Troops (Dunkelblau).
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Last edited by oradour; 04-28-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast