Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

here is another bundeswehr peaked cap which has been altered to be a nazi one Bundeswehr peaked caps.

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

Here is my 2 latest additions one is in good shape but my second had a rough life especially to the front of it ,no insigna or chinstrap ,i will upgrade it myself later

Frenchy

hey snap frenchy bought one of those luftwaffe caps the other day post when i get

tom

Ladies & Gents, here is my latest...a "KKB Koblenz" (Klieder Klasse Bundeswehr) mm Officers peaked cap....made by "Pekuro" a well known cap maker from WW2 no less ! sold by the Officers outfitters authorised by the BW in the city of Koblenz. A little salty, with a classic saddle shape ! a cap I suspect used in the 60/70's, there is no way to date these caps I know off, as unlike there EM's version, they sadly, never seemed to be dated. The braid/scrambled egg on the cloth covered visor indicates worn by rank of Oberfahnrich/Leutnant through to Stabshauptmann. Very similiar in construction to Frenchy's Luftwaffe Officers cap, which is a great looking cap, the other older cap looks to be piped in pink, "Panzer", same as one shown in post # 19, and will be an easy restoration, a cockade and Army crossed swords badge all that is needed for completion...please show when finished ! Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Last edited by oradour; 08-28-2011 at 01:39 AM.

very nice cap steve looks good

tom

peaked cap luftwaffe bamberger 1991 senior officers cap
    Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.

tom

Tom, superb cap, indeed senior officers, major to Oberst....late dated example 1991. Officers can still opt to wear the peaked cap, but not on frontline/active duties, for that they would sport the Officers version of the beret, with embroidered badge. A nice looking cap !
    Prost ! Steve.

found out when bundeswehr started using sewn on badges on their visor caps
    they were using metal badges from the start all the way up to 1990 then in 1991 the embroided version was used

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    found out when bundeswehr started using sewn on badges on their visor caps
    they were using metal badges from the start all the way up to 1990 then in 1991 the embroided version was used tom
    Tom, where did you get this information from ?.... I am sorry but I have to disagree with your statement, peaked caps for enlisted men/NCO's have always had metal insignia from the 50's to their demise in the early 1980's...Officers caps have always had bullion embriodered badges from 1956 to the present, only Officers can wear embroidered badges on their peaked caps, peaked caps can if desired still be worn in the BW, but most Officers choose the berets.
    Prost ! Steve.

ahh thanks for the info it seems my source was a bit wrong thanks again for correction

tom

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast