Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Quote by zwerge View Post
    But is not Tom`s cap only piped around the crown??
    zwerge...quite right ! an age thing, a case of opening gob, before putting brain into gear ! thanks for that, I have ammended to spare the blushes !
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    zwerge...quite right ! an age thing, a case of opening gob, before putting brain into gear ! thanks for that, I have ammended to spare the blushes !
    Prost ! Steve.
    The time to worry about age and forgetting things is when you have to go to the bathroom and then forget why you went there.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The time to worry about age and forgetting things is when you have to go to the bathroom and then forget why you went there.
    glad im not that old so is this a heer recon or signals??? any ideas or is it going to be a suprise when it arrives

The Waffenfarbe of the German air force and the Army recon troops is identical: Goldgelb. Unlike the Goering Luftwaffe, the present day Luftwaffe does not use the Waffenfarbe in its variety, save for general staff and general officers. Speciality or branch within the air force is shown in the US style with specialty badges, and I guess such is similar to the RAF, but I am an alien with the latter.

The German army of the late 1950s and 1960s as well as today uses the Zitronengelb for signals and the Goldgelb for cavalry/recon. The latter is seized of a special poetry, and its tailored uniforms are more romantic. In fact, it is a custom to have a yellow lining to all pieces of uniform among smartly turned out cavalry officers, either beret or cap. It is a conceit of military fashion.

As you know, with the original uniform ca. 1955, there was much use of US style branch insignia with no Waffenfarbe, which returned in the army ca. 1956/7 with the phase out of the slate grey uniform. The Austrians have no separate sky blue or Fliegergrau uniform at all, but wear field grey or whatever the name is for the green of the Bundesheer.

Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    My goodness, how did you know what is my rather constant state?!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    similar to the RAF, but I am an alien with the latter.
    thanks Friedrich (i am in a smallish position it explain a bit about the raf)
    there are various types in use with "modern" RAF mainly: officers beret cap,officers peaked cap badge (with is embroided), NCO/other ranks beret cap(the one i wear),and NCO/other ranks peaked cap which is also embroided.
    it used to be that the chaplains etc wore other types of cap insignia but that got changed and they now wear the officers peaked cap or beret (usually peaked cap) there is also the womens variation of the peaked cap which incorporates the same embroided cap badge as the mens (just a different cap) and for beret women wear the same one

Quote by talltom View Post
    thanks Friedrich (i am in a smallish position it explain a bit about the raf)
    there are various types in use with "modern" RAF mainly: officers beret cap,officers peaked cap badge (with is embroided), NCO/other ranks beret cap(the one i wear),and NCO/other ranks peaked cap which is also embroided.
    it used to be that the chaplains etc wore other types of cap insignia but that got changed and they now wear the officers peaked cap or beret (usually peaked cap) there is also the womens variation of the peaked cap which incorporates the same embroided cap badge as the mens (just a different cap) and for beret women wear the same one
    thank you, colleague, for the explanation. My NATO life has not taken me as much to the UK as to central Europe, actually. When I had infrequent visits to the UK in another century, it was to US Army depots at former RAF bases made famous by Hollywood movies. My enduring memory of same was of excellent and tasty trifle, which I could not eat today, and piles of large US Army trucks made in 1960, which had not been turned over for a decade.....and this was three decades ago.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    My enduring memory of same was of excellent and tasty trifle
    ahhhh trifle my favourite we got served that for yesterdays pudding :P

Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    ahhhh trifle my favourite we got served that for yesterdays pudding :P
    Good for you, My grand mother had an English house keeper who made very fine deserts and we had it here as well, but not as good as in Britain. That was a very long time ago, but memories of such things are surely powerful.
    Here is Mohnkuchen and Punschkrapfen, as eaten on the banks of the Danube. You cannot eat Mohnkuchen and then take a drug test, or you will fail. It is good for the nerves though.

Also illustrated are sweets shed at Christmas market, as well as Kipferl and coffee, and Topfenkuchen......ganz lecker.

glad im not that old so is this a heer recon or signals??? any ideas or is it going to be a suprise when it arrives
    Tom..as FB states, it is LW, not Heer.
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast