Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

The photograph you have retaken and submitted....First one:- top, left to right, 1) Luftwaffe Officers cap, all correct. 2) A superb early Marine/Navy Officers cap, outstanding example ! Love to own that ! Bottom, left to right, 3) Again an Officers Marine/Navy cap but with incorrect Luftwaffe peaked cap badge attached. 4) Panzer peak cap with correct badges attached. Again all pre 1970 caps.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

?

From member dthomas......"Thank you again for all of your help! You wouldn't happen to know about French Foreign League would you? I acquired an entire wall of different countries military hats and researching them all as I have time".

Easiest way to identify a Foreign Legion kepi is by the voided grenade badge in front, along with the side buttons that should read 'Legion Etrangere". Of course, the famous kepi blanc, at least the current version, has no badge. The original kepi blanc, first worn in the 1939 Bastille Day parade, was an actual white cloth cover over the dark blue kepi.
    French Army officer kepis that are officially described as dark blue, are actually black; this would include the Legion as well. The braid for all Legion Regiments, save the 1st Cavalry Regiment, is gold for officers, and silver for the cavalry.
    Enlosyed ranks piping will be scarlet, with warrant officers having mixed scarlet & gold, or silver piping.
    Rank for officers will be denoted by the rows of braid around the crown, and similiar colored braid on the crown of the kepi, in various designs. Single row, sous lieut,, two rows lieut., three, capitaine, four, chef de battalion/ squadron, five alternating gold/silver lieut colonel, five gold or silver colonel.
    The alternating silver/gold will be three gold/ two silver for those with gold braid, the reverse for silver.

BobS
    Last edited by oradour; 07-25-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: for continuity

Sorry......only Imperial German and Bundeswehr Knowledge at the moment...still learning !
    Prost ! Steve.

Gents, recieved this today as a freebie ! it was tucked inside an Affenjacke I bought from Germany, I knew nothing about it until it fell out of the folded jacket ! It is an early BW peak cap, (the exact shade of colour as the Affenjacke) I know the first peaked caps were deviod of piping/waffenfarbe like this one, the mm label has all but gone..see photographs, so can anyone identify ? it may not even be German !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents, recieved this today as a freebie ! it was tucked inside an Affenjacke I bought from Germany, I knew nothing about it until it fell out of the folded jacket ! It is an early BW peak cap, (the exact shade of colour as the Affenjacke) I know the first peaked caps were deviod of piping/waffenfarbe like this one, the mm label has all but gone..see photographs, so can anyone identify ? it may not even be German !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Having made some enquiries...it could well be a pre July 1956 Unteroffizier cap (it came with an u/offizier Affenjacke), as it is the so called "Teller" shape, round as opposed to oval of the later caps after July 56', however it would appear to need a "rebuild" in the near future, as it is missing its inner stiff band behind the sweatband.....here are the styles of caps in the very beginning of the BW 1955-56.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Nice result
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    What has this to do with either my cap question or the Bundeswehr ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    I was responding to post # 152, but I must have failed to hit the quote button.

BobS

Quote by BobS View Post
    I was responding to post # 152, but I must have failed to hit the quote button. BobS
    BobS..have merged the threads for continuity...see post # 152.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Just picked up this mint Abwehrtruppe cap. Made in June 1971, I was born May 29, 1971!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Gents...the cap I show in post 154 is, sadly turned out not to be Bundeswehr....enquiries reveal ALL such caps from the inception of the BW always had the ribbed hat band (see attached picture) , the cap shown has never had one...could be DRK or Factory Guard...However soon after posting I successfully bid and won the real thing..a BW Unteroffizier cap dated 1960..here it is....
    Prost ! Steve.

Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Attached Images Attached Images Bundeswehr peaked caps. 

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast