Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

My cap, got just the cap itself online,and got insignia separate and fixed it up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by FtrPlt View Post
    Great early caps! I still have questions on the earliest field-grade (Major through Colonel). Were these also plain black visors and the same as worn by junior officers (silver piping and embroidered badge)?

There's a series of photos showing Erich Hartmann and General Kammhuber during the introduction of the honor titles for the Luftwaffe. General Kammhuber appears to be wearing a visor cap which has embroidery on the visor (general officers) but the photos are shot from a low angle and it's difficult to see the tops of the visor. Some photos appear to show what appears to be embroidery (or metal) oak leaves on a plain black visor. There were three images in the series and only one was posted here:

This is the photo I was referring to. I couldn't tell if the visor was cloth-covered or not. Apparently it is

General Heusinger

just to add my small collection of bundeswehr peaked caps to this great thread ,please forgive me if the m43 field cap doesnt qualify for this thread Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    Regards James

Great early caps! I still have questions on the earliest field-grade (Major through Colonel). Were these also plain black visors and the same as worn by junior officers (silver piping and embroidered badge)?
    There's a series of photos showing Erich Hartmann and General Kammhuber during the introduction of the honor titles for the Luftwaffe. General Kammhuber appears to be wearing a visor cap which has embroidery on the visor (general officers) but the photos are shot from a low angle and it's difficult to see the tops of the visor. Some photos appear to show what appears to be embroidery (or metal) oak leaves on a plain black visor. There were three images in the series and only one was posted here:
    FtrPlt, all junior and staff (Field) Officers (Leutnant through to Oberst) wore the same cap in the period 1955-1962, (When the cloth & embroidered visors came into use)...Generals it seems, always had the cloth & embroidered visors from the inception of the BW to present......Hope this clears it up.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by warbuff View Post
    My cap, got just the cap itself online,and got insignia separate and fixed it up.
    warbuff, what is the colour of the piping ? it shows as red on my screen........can you confirm.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by col james View Post
    just to add my small collection of Bundeswehr peaked caps to this great thread ,please forgive me if the M43 field cap doesnt qualify for this thread
    James, great collection of visors ! The first one is a Civil Police cap missing its Landes/State badge....Thanks for showing !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

FtrPlt, all junior and staff (Field) Officers (Leutnant through to Oberst) wore the same cap in the period 1955-1962, (When the cloth & embroidered visors came into use)...Generals it seems, always had the cloth & embroidered visors from the inception of the BW to present......Hope this clears it up.
    Prost ! Steve.
    I'd read that the General officers had the embroidered visors but started second-guessing myself when looking at some older photos -- particularly of General Heusinger. I was on a site where it says he's speaking at some type of school and in one photo his cap is clearly cloth-covered with embroidered badge and visor. The next photo clearly shows what appears to be a general officer wearing a cap with plain black visor. What I think I was looking at was an article on General Heusinger and the officer with the plain visor is mislabelled as being Heusinger. B&W photo so almost impossible to distinguish Major through Colonel boards with the same for General officers. All the above 'drama' driven by the potential to acquire an early cap for a General. I don't have one and, to be honest, I've not been looking for one so hadn't seriously looked at them in detail. Always learning something .. or in this case, re-learnign something!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 528995Attachment 528996These two works of note have much to say on this topic.
    This one also......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Bundeswehr peaked caps. 

All the above 'drama' driven by the potential to acquire an early cap for a General. I don't have one.
    As am I !....... I do not have ANY Generals caps as they go for very high prices when they appear on the market ! I only have one Generals tunic (late 90's) and some insignia !
    Prost ! Steve.

Gents, I will bump this thread up to date, I have kind of neglected my BW collection this year concentrating on my 1957 awards collection, so I was happy to pick up another visor/peaked cap for my collection when the oppurtunity arose, a "Feldjager" orange piped cap, a 1975 made cap, I only need a white piped cap, from the BW "Musikkorps" to complete the set ! The Feldjager and Musikkorps are the hardest to find..............I shall keep looking, meam while heres my "new" cap......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast