Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Article about: Gentleman as promised, a couple of Bundeswehr helmets I have recently obtained to keep my GSG 9 helmet company, the Bundeswehr collection grows !...Model Fallschirmjager 59 paratrooper (Luft

?

No problem James. Cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    P
    Many

Hi all
    just a few pics of my early Bundeswehr 1956 Quisk made shell with a woodland cover to protect it until I get a pukka West German helmet net with clips!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

More images without the cover please, it will be a "Quist" made shell, if a "Zweiteilige" (two piece) M56 modal helmet it would be out of circulation when the helmet net with clips was around/issued, the net for this helmet is a large heavy gauge net (almost like the U.S. style) with a veil, it was held in place by the inner fibre liner helmet (again as the U.S. style) this net is VERY rare indeed and is an expensive item to buy !!....also the helmet cover would be one made up from the cammo "splittertarn" tunic hood. For more information on the M56 BW Stahlhelm see here... The Holy Grail...an M56 "Zweiteilige" steel helmet.
    For a period substitute you could use a BGS type helmet net........heres some images of the M56 with splittertarn cover, the correct net and the BGS style that you could use.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Thanks for the info Steve
    Looks like santa's going to have his work cut out this year again then!!!!
    Like the pic with the BGS preparing to fire the rifle grenade from his G1 !!!! Will have to look out for the extended flip up sight to fit my deac STG 58 and grenade combo!!!!

Default Bundeswehr

Bundeswehr wearing a M62 helmet with Uzi 9mm sub machine gun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Quote by battle gear View Post
    Bundeswehr wearing a M62 helmet with Uzi 9mm sub machine gun
    Nice image nice to see a wooden stocked UZI in use ! despite no rank shown on image it is probably of a squad leader as they were usually issued with this type of weapon, the G3 being the main infantry weapon in a squad.......
    Prost ! Steve.

hi steve ,i did briefly look over your G3 but your collection was too overwelming to make enough time for it ,it really is a nice example and to my eye very reminicent of the brit slr

Hi all
    I now have the splittertarn camo hood for a cover and an original SW 56 liner for my other "M56 Zweiteilige"... so here's a few pics... and a couple of the "TWINS"

Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

very nice indeed paul and the hood cover finishes off a treat ,im green with envy as i dont own one of these yet alone two seriously though im made up for you with your nice twin stahlhelms and thanks for sharing cheers james

Thanks James... I'm sure you'll find a nice example given the fullness of time!!
    my advice would be to keep scouring the M1 army helmet generic type listings on the bay and suchlike.... as both mine were found incorrectly listed there!!!
    of course you can go looking on German eBay for the M56 specifically... but the final price on those seem to soar of late!!!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast