Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Article about: Gentleman as promised, a couple of Bundeswehr helmets I have recently obtained to keep my GSG 9 helmet company, the Bundeswehr collection grows !...Model Fallschirmjager 59 paratrooper (Luft

Default Re: Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Hi Steve,
    I get of work at 5pm will take some pictures when I get home and post them.

Grtz,
    Steven

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    P
    Many

This is the first one,still have to look for my second one.
    As I said before don't get mad for what I've done with it.
    We used this one on the firing range for a headshot at 600m with our sniper rifles, we used our standard issued L96a1.
    Most of those helmets got re-used for making ashtray's...
    Grtz Steven
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Steven, sorry but I dont think this a Bundeswehr or an ex-Bundeswehr M1 (1955-59 zwei-teilig), its more likely to be just a Belgian M1 clone helmet....and therefore really has no place in this post, other than to show the appalling damage that can be wrought upon such a helmet by direct gunfire !
    Prost ! Steve.

Sorry for that,
    I am not an expert on helmets,al I know about this one is that it was the standard issued infantry helmet.
    I think the model that you're looking for is the one used by the Belgian Para batalions.

Grtz,
    Steven

detail of the Bundeswehr M60 helmet liner as used on the first model, liner is attached by four rivets

Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

battle gear, thanks for showing, that is a nice helmet ! I am searching for a model 1960 for my collection, but it would seem they are getting scarce ! my latest find would look good on such a helmet, a pair of early, (rumoured to be of WW2 origin) dust goggles, these were repackaged in the early 60's, the "plastic" wallet bearing the date 1963......shown on my 62' helmet.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Steve, those goggles add a nice touch to your helmet , I usually keep a West German insect head net folded and tucked inside the liner of this helmet.

http://www.bunkermilitaria.com/WEBSI...21/6893_01.JPG

Gents, my latest purchase, though not rare, these are now getting hard to find in complete and good condition ! An M1A1 Modifiziert Stahlhelm of 1985 complete with "Flecktarn" cover. In February 1981 the model M62 helmet had been in service with the Bundeswehr for nearly 20 years, and in line with the modernising of the Bundeswehr around this date, they were given a new interior with a unique plastic neck protector ! then these helmets were upgraded for the last time in 1985 with a 3 points of support chinstrap, the helmet, in this guise, then went on to the early 90's, when it was finally replaced by the M826 kevlar Gefechtshelm. In 1991 a cammo "Flecktarn" cover was issued, reversible to white, this was the first camouflage cover officially issued by the Bundeswehr in its history ! the previous splinter/ameoba patterns being custom made or commercially sourced. The cover is made from 4 pieces with 3 bands with loops (to add further camouflage items), one running around the helmet the other 2 over it, it is attached to the helmet by a drawstring. This type of cover was issued with the kevlar helmet, but to avoid confusion, they were both marked with size and type of helmet they fitted (they are contoured to fit one or the other, but not both !) marked "S" for stahlhelm and "G" for Gefechtshelm respectivley.
    Now I have to find a Model 1960 and the elusive 2 piece M1 clone 50's helmet...no mean feat !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Last edited by oradour; 05-19-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

heres a Bundeswehr M62 stahlhelm and wool service cap I just received

it's a large size and fits 57 - 61

has some names written inside

Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    Last edited by battle gear; 07-28-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast