Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Article about: Gentleman as promised, a couple of Bundeswehr helmets I have recently obtained to keep my GSG 9 helmet company, the Bundeswehr collection grows !...Model Fallschirmjager 59 paratrooper (Luft

Default Re: Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Steve, thank you so much on the clarifications, it's all starting to make sense now. If I may, can I trouble you to clarify the M59 designation in all of this? Is this a completely different helmet from the M1A1 LL or are they two of the same? Thank you, Russ & Son

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    P
    Many

Ross & Son, there is no officially designated M59 BW helmet....the first BW helmet was the US style M56 "Zwieteilig" (2-piece) U.S. style M1 clone, replaced by the M60 M1A1 (official designation), although, and this is were confusion may reign, they were made in 1958/59, A first batch of 30,000 units produced in Swedish steel was commissioned in 1958 with "Eskilstuna Stalpressnings AB" in Sweden, the import authorization was signed on 15 January 1959, after that they were made in Germany, there were two types, differing in leather liner details only....next the M62 M1A1 came along...in the middle of these two came the M1A1 LL. Hope this answers your question.
    Prost ! Steve.

Steve, again, thank you so much.....all is clear now. Russ & Son

hi steve hope you dont mind me adding these pics to your thread here's my m60 with what i think is a kevlar flecktarn cover im a big fan of this cammo and lid Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.hi

James..thanks for that, I need all the support I can get, here on the BW sub section ! have you read my opinion on this helmet & cover on the other thread ?
    Prost ! Steve.

i havent steve ,can you point me in the right direction please ill have a looky ,cheers james

Quote by col james View Post
    i havent steve ,can you point me in the right direction please ill have a looky ,cheers james
    James, here..... west german m60 post number 3. To i.d. your flecktarn cover, it will be marked on the "white side" with size i.e. 57-61 this number/size will start with an "S" for Stahlhelm (steel helmet) or with a "G" for "Gefechtshelm" (Kevlar M826 helmet).
    Prost ! Steve.

The cover that James posted looks like a M826 cover, judging by the foliage straps and the wear (white lines) that can be seen on the helmet. I believe that the cover for the steel helmet has the foliage straps in an "x" shape? Correct me if I am wrong, please

hi steve ive binned off my flectarn cover on the m62 like you said and scrounged a US woodland camo cover and untill i can find a bw net ive used east german net and clips im pleased with the result ,thanks again james Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

James...thats a great set up...if it was an M81/85 derivative of the M62 I would leave it with the NVA net on ! after reunification, around 1991 the BW absorbed the former DDR army....They sold off a great deal of equipment from the NVA, however some stuff was kept and used/issued by the BW...the old East German Army helmet nets being one such item !...I have to get myself one !
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast