Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Article about: Gentleman as promised, a couple of Bundeswehr helmets I have recently obtained to keep my GSG 9 helmet company, the Bundeswehr collection grows !...Model Fallschirmjager 59 paratrooper (Luft

Default Re: Bundeswehr steel helmets.

hi steve i just thought i would show you an update of my bw helmet collection so far ,ive managed to get hold of the correct west german helmet netting to correct my mistake of east german netting enjoy jamesBundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    P
    Many

Hallo I am new to the steel helmets but I buy now then a steel helmet that I don't have jet, and I thought you all would like to see my helmet. So here it is, I haven't seen anything like this one before at least not in this colors if anyone knows a bit more information I would love to read about it. It has the olive green color under the dark blue paint so I guess it was used in the army before and then used for something else later but what I don't know.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Hello Hellschickie and welcome to the forum!

From the photos, this helmet looks to be a West German Bundeswehr M60M1A1. The liner looks to be of the first type however, the first type typically has 10 fingers, not 9 as this example does. Can you tell me of the liner is stitched together at the back or is it loose and allowed to slide?

I Have no idea on the paint but I'm sure someone here does. I'm guessing it was adopted for some type of civil use, but this I am just speculating. Nice helmet though, the M60's are the less common to find of the West German helmets.

Regards,

Russ

Thank you for the welcome and the information about these types of helmets ..Russ

I don't think this is the first type because there's plastic headband inside keeping the liner at its place and at the back its allowed to slide when I pull on it a little, but just to be save I sent 3 photo's more of the helmet inside I hope it clears up a bit more.Attachment 406891Attachment 406892Attachment 406893

Quote by hellschickie View Post
    I don't think this is the first type because there's plastic headband inside keeping the liner at its place and at the back its allowed to slide when I pull on it a little, but just to be save I sent 3 photo's more of the helmet inside I hope it clears up a bit more.Attachment 406891Attachment 406892Attachment 406893
    Hellschickie, that attachments didn't post, not sure why. However, if the liner is as you describe than it is a second type liner. The first type would be stitched togther, at the rear seam, in a zig zag type pattern. One thing odd however is that the second type liners had airation holes in the liner fingers, the first type did not. Maybe this is an early second type produced from remaining type 1 liner pieces....the odd ones are the best

Regards,

Russ

Strange that it just not work the photo posting I am sure I did it like before, anyways it weird helmet indeed the liner its stitched together in the back with a zig zag pattern but doesn't have holes in the liner fingers and has 9 liner fingers. When I first lay my eyes on this helmet I found it a strange helmet too so I bought it quickly for only 5 euro's tried to search for information but I did not find any so I came here to share with you this helmet the odd ones are indeed the best Russ

Greets..

Quote by hellschickie View Post
    Strange that it just not work the photo posting I am sure I did it like before, anyways it weird helmet indeed the liner its stitched together in the back with a zig zag pattern but doesn't have holes in the liner fingers and has 9 liner fingers. When I first lay my eyes on this helmet I found it a strange helmet too so I bought it quickly for only 5 euro's tried to search for information but I did not find any so I came here to share with you this helmet the odd ones are indeed the best Russ

Greets..
    If I might suggest that you creat a new thread in the World Helmets forum as it will capture some new eyes. There are several on here that are far far more knowledgable on these particular helmets than I am. Someone will certainly chime in and offer you some very good and accurate information I am most certain.

Russ

Gentlemen, my latest addition to my BW helmet collection (although not steel !), having already got a "Induyco" made Gefechtshelm model M826 (resplendent in Flecktarn cover), I set out to find a "Schuberth" made one, and here it is, complete with Tropentarn cover, U.S. Army issue "cats eyes" band in tan, ESS goggles with dust cover in tan and Night vision attachment strap & plate/adaptor....just as it might appear worn by a ISAF Bundeswehr trooper in Afghanistan (except a little cleaner !).
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

very nice steve ,i like it very much
    Regards James

Gents, looking through this thread it seems Ihave neglected to show my M60 with first pattern liner....these were the BW first proper steel helmet being made from Swedish steel that was a lot tougher than the previous "zweiteilige helmet" ! The liner is held in by four attachment points, notice the cork spacer doughnuts on each point....The search is still on for another M60 with second patern liner....to complete the set, so to speak
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast