Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bundeswehr Uniform

Article about: I didnt notice that was a Bundeswehr Forum (eehehhe) so i decided to post my uniform. I think it is Luftwaffe, and i had 4 tunics now only have one and dont know yet what to do with her, hop

Default Bundeswehr Uniform

I didnt notice that was a Bundeswehr Forum (eehehhe) so i decided to post my uniform.
    I think it is Luftwaffe, and i had 4 tunics now only have one and dont know yet what to do with her, hope you like! The photos arent at best but if you like i can take some other pics with more details

SM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Uniform   Bundeswehr Uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Uniform
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bundeswehr Uniform

Welcome to the forum SM ! indeed your tunic is a Luftwaffe enlisted mans service tunic, I am guessing early to mid 1970's, (the yellow piping around the coller was stopped in the late 70's) there should be a makers label on the inside of the inside pocket, which usually gives the date of manufacture...it is missing its colllar patches, easy and cheap enough to find...now becoming collectable, sadly it will not make millionaires of us, at about £10-12 (12-15 Euros).
    Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: Bundeswehr Uniform

Millionaires only if we have a million of them eheheheh, but it is cool thanks for all the information that you gave on the tunic, much more enlighted now.
    Tomorroe i will post the inside label of manufacturer (left side pocket)

I had 4 of them and 3 of them vuuuupp selled as peanut butter in Portugal, that is almost a miracle.
    I like militaria very much iam newbie collector and didnt know what to collect so i buy almost everything that i think its nice and that the wallet can buy, only after of course some of opinions that you guys gave to me along this way, so i guess iam thanking all that make part of my collecting items, giving it good or bad opinions saving big time and money.

?

Hi guys!
    I got a BW luftwaffe tunic. But this is different than any pieces I found on the internet. The lower pockets doesn't have tha outer "pocket" ans sewing, only the pocket flaps. And the yellow piping on the collars also missing. It has Assman & Schöne Lüdenscheid buttons. Which type is mine?
    Thanks!
    Bundeswehr UniformBundeswehr Uniform

Hi levaid, sorry but in my opinion that is no Luftwaffe tunic or from any other branch of the Bundeswehr, no BW tunic fastened up to the neck like WW2 tunics, they were all "open" collar tunics.....it is also the wrong shade of blue being almost black....my instinct is that it is German but a civilian tunic from some official organisation such as the Post office, public transport (train/bus) or even Police as some German State Police forces wore dark blue in the 1950's/60's before adopting the green uniforms nationally......is there any information on any labels affixed to the linining of the inside pockets ?
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thank you! Unfortunately there are no markings or stamp inside the tunic. But it had an insignia on the left upper pocket, as you can see. Do the Assmann buttons give any information?

Quote by levaid View Post
    Do the Assmann buttons give any information?
    Unfortunatly not.....generic buttons found on many military & civilian tunics post war.....sorry that I can not give you any more information.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks! I think I found the type. Fire Police Tunic
    This is almost the same, even the padding (sleeves too), but the neck is different. The lack of the red collar piping excludes the fire brigade line... Or can it be feuerwehr without red piping?

I have also a Bundeswehr Uniform. It's a Heer Generalleutnant uniform.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Uniform  

Quote by peakedcap View Post
    I have also a Bundeswehr Uniform. It's a Heer Generalleutnant uniform.
    I think you will get more interest in your uniform if you start a separate thread!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast