Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Bundeswher Badges with provenace!

Article about: These badges came to me thru Volksjager, whop also sold me my West German Helmet....all these badges belonged to the soldier who owned the helmet. I believe the small skull pin is a unit thi

?

Default Bundeswher Badges with provenace!

These badges came to me thru Volksjager, whop also sold me my West German Helmet....all these badges belonged to the soldier who owned the helmet.

I believe the small skull pin is a unit thing, one of those badges that "Der Speisse" could authorize for wear on caps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswher Badges with provenace!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswher Badges with provenace!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bundeswher Badges with provenace!

Very attractive items congrats.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Thanks mate....

I do like these badges, got 20 others and more on the way!

?

I really like the reservist badge, these are such nice quality metal badges...

The "Brunswick"-style skull pin is a commercially availabe pattern, see here for examples offered on two German dealer websites:

Pin Mini Metall Totenkopf - ASMC | Ausrüstung Sicherheit Militär Camping
    Recon Company - Outdoor, Militär, Polizei - Ausrüstung und Bekleidung BW Mützenanstecker Metall Totenkopf

Many such pins depicting military branch- and unit symbols or vehicles are available; here's that product category on one of the above dealers' websites:

Pins Angebote im Online Shop günstig kaufen und per Versand billig bestellen. - Seite 1

I cannot comment on the question of whether that pin is worn on-duty with BW uniforms at all, but if so, it would surely be on an individual and strictly unofficial basis without even local authorization. (The use of traditions symbols - especially those with such connotations as a Death's Head - is a very sensitive matter in the Bundeswehr.)

?

Thanks for the info!! All I know for sure is it came from that particular soldier, still a nice thing to have as part of this display

?

That's a great site!!! A lot of those pins I have seen in photos of bundeswher personnel....thanks again

HPL2008 is quite right about the "Skull" traditions badge.....I have never seen one worn within the BW, I think it would lead a discipline charge if it was, and not worn by a "Der Speiss" ! who is a figure head in the company, and set examples ! The other badges, "Panzergrenadiertruppe" beret badge, "Panzeraufklarungstruppen" beret badge, a bronze grade "Reservisten" Leistungsabzeichen (Proficiency badge), next, all three grades, bronze,silver and gold badges that affix to the "Shutzenschnur" (Marksmanship lanyard), the last badge is a "Tatigkeitsabzeichen" (Trade badge) Silver grade for "Fuhungsdeinstpersonel". Of course some pin badges have been seen worn on combat clothig/hats, equipment whilst in service with the BW, heres a Flecktarn cap with a "Marder" pin attached, I would imagine signifying Panzergrenadier ! and a rank badge on the rear.
    Nice set of badges !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswher Badges with provenace!   Bundeswher Badges with provenace!  

Bundeswher Badges with provenace!  

?

Thanks for all the info, I can certainly understand the issue with the "skull" badge....

I remember even in the Australian Army it caused concern....one of the LAV troops in 2 CAV REGT had a totenkopf painted on their vehicles as an unofficial troop sign, and they were quickly told to remove it !!