Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

BW Luftwaffe General's Tunic

Article about: I finally found one, but it has no name with it. Now I have to find a 1957-1967 General's hat and the proper shirt and tie. Any ideas? Bob Hritz

Default BW Luftwaffe General's Tunic

I finally found one, but it has no name with it. Now I have to find a 1957-1967 General's hat and the proper shirt and tie. Any ideas?

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Luftwaffe General's Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BW Luftwaffe General's Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: BW Luftwaffe General's Tunic

beutiful tunic bob looks brilliant Varusteleka might help for the shirt and tie the cap is best on german ebay youll have to hope someone puts it on good luck

tom

Bob, a nice Luftwaffe Brigadegenerals dress jacket, the "Gesellschaftsanzug" jacket or more commonly known as the "Zweitschenrock" (literaly 2 pocket tunic)..this style of jacket was available from 1963 to 1973 as a more ceremonial tunic for official use, it was replaced in 1973 by the black dinner jacket dress. I have just obtained an Army version (Hauptmann rank) direct from a BW veteran in Germany, I will post asap.
    Prost ! Steve.

I am looking for BW tunics from 1957 until 1970 that were used by former WWII deocrated soldiers. I have not had any luck finding any but the one I have posted. Are there any collectors or dealers who specialize in the earlier BW uniforms?

Bob Hritz

Bob its hard enough to find tunics best bet is to look through ebay germany as eventually they will come along i only have one ealy tunic but not used by any former soldier (unfortunatly) good luck

tom

Bob, as tom states, I trawl through e-bay Germany and it has just paid off, I have purchased a couple of fine tunics with provenance, one a 1959 dated Panzer coverall/combination is a credited to a WW2 vet, that rejoined and ended up commanding a Panzer Battalion. I am in the middle of photographing, I will post tommorow......
    Prost ! Steve.

BW Luftwaffe General's TunicSuch a tunic would have been worn with a white shirt. Congratulations on an interesting piece. Do write to me, as the Bw is a specialty of mine, though I do not collect the regalia. The continuity of service was more on the order of persons who military life began in the Reichswehr and continued in the Wehrmacht and who then joined the Bw in 1955/6. There are excellent books in German on said issue, especially the Luftwaffe of the Bw.