Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BW Panzer Officers black beret............

Article about: A rich heritage indeed...... Prost ! Steve.

Default BW Panzer Officers black beret............

Gentlemen.....Here is a stunning private purchase example of an Officers bullion badged black Panzer beret complete, with custom pink silk liner !.....came in a named uniform set with papers, an outstanding set & find ! Dates from 1969.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Panzer Officers black beret............   BW Panzer Officers black beret............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BW Panzer Officers black beret............
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: BW Panzer Officers black beret............

Wow this is a first I've never seen an early beret with a bullion badge like this always metal the ones I have encountered. Great beret looks great

That is really nice!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Traugott Rahne is a leading military tailor of whom there are today but few and the use of the Waffenfarbe for the lining for Panzer and Recon. (Kavallerie color) is still a custom in the Bw. A very nice piece. The Bw of the epoch 1955-1990, i.e. of the cold war is a thing of historical merit in its own right and very close to my heart, indeed.

BW Panzer Officers black beret............BW Panzer Officers black beret............Granted how small today and tomorrow's Bw has become, the uniforms of today will be rarities also in the future.....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Traugott Rahne is a leading military tailor and the use of the Waffenfarbe for the lining for Panzer and Recon. (Kavallerie color) is still a custom in the Bw. A very nice piece. The Bw of the epoch 1955-1990, i.e. of the cold war is a thing of historical merit in its own right and very close to my heart, indeed.
    Thanks Gentlemen, especially FB's comments....I have several Officers tunics/hats by this tailor, outstanding works indeed ! Here is another black beret, this time a Panzerjager Officer, a branch of the Heer sadly demised some years ago.............this beret not as spectacularly lined (KKBw supplied item) as the previous example ! But is named to a Major Glolig.
    Prost 1 Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Panzer Officers black beret............   BW Panzer Officers black beret............  

Very nice item, especially as Koblenz no longer is the garrison it once was in its heyday. And, the Bw is scarcely in the Panzer hunting craft any longer, either, along with armor generally, which is today a shadow of its former glory.
    What happy memories do I nourish of the Panzer garrisons especially in Koblenz, which is a wonderful town and so rich in its soldierly past. The Kleiderkasse d. Bw is also gone the way of the buffalo, having been replaced by a contractor.

BW Panzer Officers black beret............BW Panzer Officers black beret............I used to own three of these, but I sold them all.

BW Panzer Officers black beret............I do own several Pz caps of earlier date. This one was made by the Fa. Holters in Berlin.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-01-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Kleiderkasse d. Bw is also gone the way of the buffalo, having been replaced by a contractor.
    FB, I was unaware of its demise....but knew of the mothballing of the Panzer arm.....Koblenz, ahhh I spent many a time in that wonderful city in the mid to late 80's, on the “Deutsches Eck” and up at the "Ehrenbreitsten", they were the days !
    A Hearty Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images BW Panzer Officers black beret............ 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast