Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

BW Para Helmet for opinions please

Article about: Good afternoon gents, I'm not a helmet collector per se but this "side ward" of my collection has recently taken a bit of a turn up in activity. I have just received this BW para l

your very welcome mark and glad to be of help the only downside even though the items are economical on the pocket is the postage from germany

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BW Para Helmet for opinions please
    P
    Many

So just for the clarification what is this Helmet actually called or simply known as 1A1 LL OR M71?,The Brendons Helmet site list West German M71 paratrooper Helmet............

Hi Jake, its a model 1A1 LL (Luft Lande/airborne).....M71 is a collector term which in my book is wrong, more for the Belgian version !
    Prost ! Steve.

Default Another 1A1 LL

Good morning gents,

Not much to say about this one but I just couldn't resist it. It has great patina, it is in great shape, it's a large size (unusual in itself) and has a good date on the shell. I thought it is always good to show multiple examples so here it is;

BW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions please

I just need to decide whether to "re-home" the other one

Regards

Mark
    PS Can anyone explain the numbers infront of the owners name, are they just (part of) his service number or is there a sub-unit element here?
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-09-2016 at 10:48 AM. Reason: error
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Great example Mark i can see why your pleased with it ,what are your thoughts on the penned writing ,owners name or a location ?

Hi !

Pretty nice, and, collectible, pot !

BW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions please

BTW, the "1A1 LL" became officially "retired" in 1998 !

BW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions pleaseBW Para Helmet for opinions please

Quote by Watchdog View Post

... PS Can anyone explain the numbers infront of the owners name, are they just (part of) his service number or is there a sub-unit element here?
    2./252 probably means:
    2. Kompanie, Fallschirmjägerbataillon 252

Quote by James C View Post
    Great example Mark i can see why your pleased with it ,what are your thoughts on the penned writing ,owners name or a location ?
    Thanks James, I know that Heidenreich is a German surname and as far as I am aware there is no place with the name so I believe it to be the owner. The name Roth written on the liner I expect is another but if that was during service one would expect the name Heidenreich to have been expunged.

@ Reibert, yes I was thinking the same given the German practice of expressing unit designations in exactly that way. I was curious because the usual British practice is to mark kit with the last 4 digits of the service number (in my case it was 0737) and the surname.

Regards

Mark
    PS I forgot the pic of the liner date which if I remember (I'm not at home right now) is Sept 1968.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2