Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

BW in Somalia 1993.........................

Article about: Gentlemen....... Somalia, East Africa early 1990's, a civil war is raging between the Government and rebel warlord factions,this is the time of "Blackhawk down". In April 1992 an u

Gents, just obtained a correct and original UN helmet cover for the M92 helmet as worn by the BW contingent in the Somalia campaign........going to have to get another Gefechtshelm !!
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW in Somalia 1993.........................  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BW in Somalia 1993.........................
    P
    Many

very nice addition steve ,the cover is in superb condition ,do these have any labels or ink stamps on the inside, i too wouldnt mind picking up another b826 ,they seem to be going up in price lately ,did you ever pick up the other model gefectshelm we discussed in another thread once ,i think a later evolution of the 826 if i remember but could be wrong ,thanks for showing ,james

Hi James, only marking inside the UN cover is helmet size "51-55" for the smallest of the 826 shells ! as for the para version of the 826, no its still on my want list !
    I have neglected my BW collection the latter end of 2013 to concentrate on my 57er collection, which was a side show to my collection, but seems to have taken over some what !
    Prost ! Steve.

thanks steve that was it the para version you have jogged my memory i know what you mean about focussing on one particular genre, my bw collection has come to a grinding halt for the time being allthough i did recently pick up a nice side cap ill post some picture on my thread ,the 57 awards seem well worth collecting though as i know nothing about them can i ask did these awards have any bearing within the bw or were they just issued to war veterans ,thanks james

James, 57er awards were medals and awards redesigned to some extent with regards to removal of the swastika device which was and still is, a banned symbol in Germany.......they were available to ex servicemen as replacements at their own cost....not re issued.
    As for BW relevance .............many veterans rejoined the BW and were as in any other armed forces worldwide entitled to display their hard won awards, usually on duty in ribbon bar form only........on formal occasions, full size awards could and were worn, see photos........first one in studio pose with full size medals, the second, duty image of Officer wearing ribbon bar.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW in Somalia 1993.........................   BW in Somalia 1993.........................  

many thanks steve ,the 57 awards sound a fascinating subject in themselves ,i need to do some research ,great referance photos and to see the awards being worn as part of the bundeswehr uniform ,thanks again james

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2